Author Topic: The Getaway slingshot globes  (Read 201 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
The Getaway slingshot globes
« on: May 17, 2011, 11:58:37 PM »
I lost another   ^.^   a speed ball killed another 44 globe on the left slingshot , shattered the glass. This is the only problem I have found with The Getaway. I have change the belt to one that's a bit tighter and bent the bayonet holder back away from the belt so the ball wont strike it. If I was to change the pitch of the game would that help ?
Does not happen all the time but you might get a speed ball just at the right spot and there goes the globe.
Eney other Getaway owners have this problem ?

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Re: The Getaway slingshot globes
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 12:41:58 AM »
Ive given mine a fair caning since I picked it up on the Easter Break,

No broken bulbs so far touch wood!

Looks a fair distance away from the rubber on mine is it the top or bottom lamp your Killing?

I have read though this is a common problem with Getaway even some trapping the ball behind the Rubber,Info from IPDb

This game is renowned for blowing U20 on the MPU board. This is caused by balls getting stuck under slingshots, which can smash the bulb, shorting the bulb filament to the sling switch and instantly blowing U20. If you have a switch matrix problem that says "Ground Short" check under your slings for a lodged ball.

As for playfield angle Ive got mine on the recommended 6.5 Deg or thereabouts its Nice and Fast...

Just a thought is yours a Gen 1 or Gen 2 playfield? maybe their designed different in this area...
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:31:27 AM »
I've owned mine for about 10 years and never had any dramas like that set to 6.5 deg.
I'd check your manual you have the correct rubber on the slings???

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:43:37 PM »
Might change the pitch to see if that helps.  I check the belt and thats fine.  I did switch it of straight away to stop eney damage. Will replace the globe and see how it goes..

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »

maybee u could put one of those rubber globe covers on the globe

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 08:04:59 AM »
I put L.E.Ds in mine, but hav'nt had it happen on HS2, have had this happen on MM,JY but did'nt break the bulb's,
My MM came with 2  rubbers on each slingshot,might be an old op's trick to stop it happening on site   ^^^

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »
I put a new belt on the sling and did sum small adjustments so we will see how that goes...