Author Topic: Payment to PBR  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Payment to PBR
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 12:43:18 AM »
Thanks all for your comments!  Wow, just back online now from when I first posted this, and there are a healthy number of responses and interesing comments.

Yes, agree that PBR isn't the easiest or most useful website - I think we all mostly agree on that.  But I must say, even though I have yet to place my first order with PBR, Steve Young has been very responsive.  Everytime I have sent an email query, same day response, no exception.  I will not necessarily expect this everytime from him, but so far he is very good in that respect.

Price - there is very little question in that PBR is distinctly ahead of most of the game here.  I have compared pricing with Marco, BAA, Pinball Life, Big Daddy, RTBB, PSPA, etc, etc.  Overhaul, PBR is the best price for what I am after (1970's decade of Ballys and Gottliebs).  I have also received my shipping quote from PBR for what will be a healthy ($600-ish) order, and am pleasantly surprised.  As Nino has said, Marco will charge totally unexplainable amounts for sending small amounts.  I have dealt with another small time seller in the U.S. on America ebay (Tim Nabours), and this guy is EXCELLENT with both product and particularly with shipping.  Again, a seller that reflects realistic shipping costs.  There is little doubt in my mind that some of these guys are picking up gains on the shipping costs.

PBR and Gottlieb .... it is apparent that PBR is more along the lines of Gottlieb, but most of my machines are Ballys, and PBR had everything I needed.

Buying process .... yup, the process with PBR is quite a few decades in the past.  But hey, I can live with that given the breadth of availability of stuff PBR has, their pricing, and their realistic shipping costs.  Of what I am ordering, there was only one thing that PBR did not have that I wanted - pretty good in my books.

Anyway, I probably digress .... I will probably give the IMT a miss, and just snail mail a IMO to them.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 01:46:05 AM »
Nino, you have changed my mind. I will send these guys a email and give them a go.
( i have to admit however, I do like the pretty pictures and marco website for ease of use, but as u say, u cant be lazy forever or u might miss out on needed parts at great prices, which suits me).

I do have a factory manual for every machine so finding parts numbers is easy.

I am hoping they might stock Data East/Sega and Bally/Williams etc as well. If they do, that will be good for their pocket, and hopefully good for my pocket as well.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 08:43:59 AM »
Best thing about Marco and Bay Area - using their pretty pictures to verify parts for my PBR orders!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »
Nino, you have changed my mind. I will send these guys a email and give them a go.
( i have to admit however, I do like the pretty pictures and marco website for ease of use, but as u say, u cant be lazy forever or u might miss out on needed parts at great prices, which suits me).

I do have a factory manual for every machine so finding parts numbers is easy.

I am hoping they might stock Data East/Sega and Bally/Williams etc as well. If they do, that will be good for their pocket, and hopefully good for my pocket as well.  ^^^

Brett - You have the manuals for each game you own and that's half the battle with PBR. Simply quote the game and part number. Compare against other suppliers in the USA. I just ordered US$700 worth of parts and it took me two emails. Ordering from manuals etc also educates us on the parts etc.

Good to hear that you are giving it a go.

RTBB sell some GTB parts and the prices are more than fair for people who need common parts locally  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 01:45:38 PM »
RTBB like Marty said is fine, but they seem to only have ramps and ramp decals unless there is a different website to the one i have.

Geez man, this really is a DUMB comment, sorry for being blunt but when re-reading this thread I started to wonder why you would make such a statement when RTBB has such a large inventory?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 01:51:39 PM »
Nick, many thanks for the heads up about Bendigo ^^^ ^^^.

I called Bendigo this morning, and their price is $10 for international bank draft, but I would have needed to open an account with them (which would have had no cost to do so, and I would have gladly done it).  But, I "squeezed" my CBA branch manager, and he agreed to meet the Bendigo fee and do it for $10 (CBA is normally $30).

See if your bank can at least meet this fee of $10.  If not, then Bendigo (and there may be others) is a great option.

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 03:57:03 PM »
Have to agree that PBR are a bit " last century" but as someone else said a spunky flash website costs big bucks to set up and maintain.

I would like to see perhaps a bit of an expansion to their website even if it were only part numbers, manufacturer , short description, price and maybe dont worry about the picture. Also it would be good if existing account holders could phone thru their credit card number and cop the fees if necessary and as long as that credit card wasn't held in a database I wouldn't think it would be a problem.
I can understand the costs and risks to a seller using Paypus, but I think allowing payment by credit card over the phone would increase business for Steve and make it easier all round.

But, apart from that every time I email with " do you carry this" particular part number I always have a response by next morning, which is pretty good really.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
RTBB like Marty said is fine, but they seem to only have ramps and ramp decals unless there is a different website to the one i have.

Geez man, this really is a DUMB comment, sorry for being blunt but when re-reading this thread I started to wonder why you would make such a statement when RTBB has such a large inventory?

comment deleted.  see comment below.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:41:04 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »
P.S - I have tonight been directed by a mate to a different website, and I note the CORRECT website. The link i had been sent for RTBB was infact someone elses website, so u can see why my original statement was asking for a different website. Until 5 mins ago, I had never seen the RTBB site or its contents. The website I had previously mentioned had beens sent to me under the RTBB label, but it is someone else called pinball.inc.

my web link for RTBB was wrong, it was   http://www.pinballinc.com/ramps.html   Under favourites, it was emailed to me as RTBB, but now i see its not.

So I wasnt DUMB, just misinformed. Apologies, Lets forget the whole thing Nick. Its all good. I can see why u were in a query. Communication Breakdown here.  @.@

I have now found the correct website   www.rtbb.com.au        AND yes, they have heaps. Now i can stop sending money to marco and bayarea.

all fixed now.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:46:32 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Redback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 09:15:17 PM »
Ride The Boney Beast

Found hobby, now need coin

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »
P.S - I have tonight been directed by a mate to a different website, and I note the CORRECT website. The link i had been sent for RTBB was infact someone elses website, so u can see why my original statement was asking for a different website. Until 5 mins ago, I had never seen the RTBB site or its contents. The website I had previously mentioned had beens sent to me under the RTBB label, but it is someone else called pinball.inc.

my web link for RTBB was wrong, it was   http://www.pinballinc.com/ramps.html   Under favourites, it was emailed to me as RTBB, but now i see its not.

So I wasnt DUMB, just misinformed. Apologies, Lets forget the whole thing Nick. Its all good. I can see why u were in a query. Communication Breakdown here.  @.@

I have now found the correct website   www.rtbb.com.au        AND yes, they have heaps. Now i can stop sending money to marco and bayarea.

all fixed now.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 08:28:45 AM »
So I wasnt DUMB, just misinformed.

Never said you were dumb. The comment was dumb is all. You were just ignorant of who RTBB are and who Pinball Inc are. Both are great sellers, as is PBR.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »
RTBB do have alot of stock and great prices. I cant believe i had the wrong link for 2 friggin years.  @.@  Marcos wont be getting my next order. I will be buying a whack of parts from locally for the new LAH project. etc

Is Pinball Inc related to RTBB in any way ? Agent or something ?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »

RTBB is the Australian distributor for Pinball Inc parts. Pinball Inc is owned by James Loffin, a great guy. He originally bought all of the stock from IPB.

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »
RTBB do have alot of stock and great prices. I cant believe i had the wrong link for 2 friggin years.  @.@  Marcos wont be getting my next order. I will be buying a whack of parts from locally for the new LAH project. etc

you have actually been a member of my site since 16/2/10

so I not sure why you keep saying that you have not seen my site before as you have purchased from me in the past