Author Topic: Payment to PBR  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Payment to PBR
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 11:14:18 PM »
16 months ago ?  With 3 dozen machines here, I have ordered many many thousands of dollars worth of parts from many many suppliers.
There have been litterally between fifty and one hundred orders done i reckon. You would know what i or Beaky ordered, but i dont have any record or memory of it.
I would suggest it was a one off order, cause I dont recall any.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:39:18 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Redback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »
Actually PBR has saved me money buy not accepting paypal or credit card.

Small order to BAA yesterday and the exchange rate on paypal as 1.02(something)
Western Union would have been around 1.053.  A small order like that one paypal would be cheaper due to no transfer fee.
However on larger orders would be cheaper transfering.

I order $900 in stepper motors (non pinball related) and got a crap rate from VISA and around $30 fees as well.

However soon will be ordering an eye for my Bone Busters Inc from RTTB,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
I received the large order from PBR a while back, and have been slowly using up the parts in the restoration of my pins.  There was one error in what was shipped (the caps for the Power Play were 100 points, instead of the 1000 points they should have been).

Steve at PBR was excellent in handling this, and promptly shipped the correct ones in a second shipment.  The postage for the 3 caps (even though of course I wasn't charged this) came to $3.46.  The postage for the entire order (and it was fairly sizeable) came to about $65, more than reasonable for its size and weight.

Just another small note to say that I would not hesitate to recommend Steve Young at PBR.  Very reasonable postage rates, big or small packages.

Marty Machine

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 11:56:45 PM »
Aus-Post has Western Union (international) money orders, i used to get them around 2-3 years ago, and only cost $8.50 as opposed to the 'then' CBA (& other banks) charging $20-$30.
I assume by now Aus-post may have risen from $8.50 to maybe $10????

MM.

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »
What's the latest on this? Has anyone found better payment methods when buying through PBR?

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
No ,Business as normal .

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2015, 12:51:48 PM »
It really is pretty easy once you have made your initial order.

I just get an international bank draft from our credit union (which I do online), they post it to me and I then post it to PBR
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 09:10:46 PM »
I saw that many 7/11 petrol stations have a Western Union machine inside the actual store. Can be done pretty easily using that method apparently

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 09:55:08 PM »
Register with Western Union and do the whole thing online.. its not hard and WU fee is only about $10

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 09:56:03 PM »
Register with Western Union and do the whole thing online.. its not hard and WU fee is only about $10

good to know

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2015, 10:45:45 AM »

I used to go to the PO and fill the CHQ in person, then post the CHQ. This online process - Does the online method $ go straight into PBR's Bank Account ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2015, 10:55:27 AM »

I used to go to the PO and fill the CHQ in person, then post the CHQ. This online process - Does the online method $ go straight into PBR's Bank Account ?

Well it goes to Steve as that's the ID he insists you give in order to do this. Steve then has to go to a WU outlet to claim his money. More work for Steve but less for the customer which is how it should be.

http://www.westernunion.com.au/au/Home.page
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:01:54 AM by Retropin »

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2015, 01:28:14 PM »
Thanks fellas, registered with WU online.

Offline scottnds

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2015, 04:48:17 PM »
Found this site the other day may be handy for someone. Google UStoOZ. They will buy stuff in USA for you and ship it to Australia.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 08:01:57 AM »

Well it goes to Steve as that's the ID he insists you give in order to do this. Steve then has to go to a WU outlet to claim his money. More work for Steve but less for the customer which is how it should be.

http://www.westernunion.com.au/au/Home.page
[/quote]

I bought a fair bit from Steve not so long ago using WU ,did it on line found the exchange rate was terrible , like way worst then a bank  .It wasn't easy for me at all ,a rep from WU sends you an email that verifies everything the money was sent to Steve about 2 weeks later ! I think I would of been better of to send it DD to his account and pay his fee's on the side ( not sure if he still does that )
Parts came and there was a fair amount of wrong stuff supplied mainly rubber ring sets he later sent the correct 30 old rings to me (so all good there) can't see how you could get ring sets wrong but I hear from others it's a common occurrence.