Author Topic: Payment to PBR  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Payment to PBR
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2015, 08:13:20 AM »
Forgot to mention DO NOT SEND HIM any photos of parts you need as he will spit the dummy big time .Man did I learn quick !!!
A couple of photos is all I sent just to make sure I'm getting the correct stuff and whammy ! I was using to much of his data it seems ( I can't use enough of my data these days )
Spent a small fortune with him I thought he would be ok with that .
Just makes it tough for people that want to enjoy restoring pinballs .

Offline Pinballer

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2015, 01:08:35 PM »
The whole PBR ordering process needs to be dragged into modern times, sure the price might have to go up a bit to pay for someones time to do so and any added ongoing business costs. However Steve is stuck in the 70's and happy to be that way.  It's his business and he calls the shots.

It would be so much better to just have one form of electronic payment and a website that shows each and every part, short de******ion, photo and price.  His unwillingness to accept photos via email of certain parts can be unhelpful, especially for the obscure parts for older machines that are not listed in a manual.  How is the customer supposed to identify the part??

I have and will always continue to order from PBR, I like the parts and the speed of delivery.  Just wish some improvements would be adopted.  But this has been done to death over the years on RGP, Pinside etc.  Until Steve retires or hands control to someone, it will not change.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:10:25 PM by Pinballer »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2015, 01:41:39 PM »
Forgot to mention DO NOT SEND HIM any photos of parts you need as he will spit the dummy big time .Man did I learn quick !!!
A couple of photos is all I sent just to make sure I'm getting the correct stuff and whammy ! I was using to much of his data it seems ( I can't use enough of my data these days )

Probably still on dial up internet.   #@#

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2015, 01:47:12 PM »

Probably still on dial up internet.   #@#

+1

the 300 baud modems the size of a small shoebox ?

I still have one of them !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2015, 08:28:38 AM »
Hi All,

Now I am confused, PBR have told me they don't accept Western Union payments.

Should I be calling it something else? This is the method Australia post used, so maybe I should be calling it an Australian money order?

Or is this because I am a first-time orderer?

See their email below:

"Please see my notes below:
 Sorry we don't accept Western Union payments

Please see our terms below. If you agree with our terms, simply re-send this email to us to have a total calculated including shippings.

The following payment options are proposed for international orders. We have no preference about which you use, you make that decision based on convenience and cost to you

options
 1. bank draft
 2. international money order (Canada...postal money orders are fine)
 3. a US check, do you have a friend/associate here that can write a check on your behalf?
 4. US currency, we have had good luck and this many times is the lowest transaction cost
 5. Moneygram www.moneygram.com

not recommended but can be used
 1. bank transfer...We use a Local, Small Town Bank. The bank does accept Bank Transfer, but with many caveats. If you would like to use this payment method, you will need to call us to discuss (845) 473-7114, ask for Steve.

not acceptable
 1. credit cards
 2. paypal
 3. foreign checks (Canada note: Canadian checks, even in US funds, are NOT acceptable...we incur a $13.00 fee to send check for collection because it does not have US bank routing codes)"

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2015, 11:23:10 AM »
Hi All,

Should I be calling it something else? This is the method Australia post used, so maybe I should be calling it an Australian money order?

Or is this because I am a first-time orderer?

I have used Western Union everytime I ordered through them, even the first time.

Offline Pauly540

• Forum Posts:
  • BOTANY NSW
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 08:17:36 PM »

I had the same reply “No Western Union” when I made my first/new order a year ago.
Maybe he is relaxed about older customers using Western Union?
I just used 7-Eleven Moneygram (around AU$20) and put myself in credit for future orders.
I think he likes Moneygram, as he just has to duck into a US 7-Eleven personally and gets his cash instantly!
Could be wrong with that theory though.  #@#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2015, 10:11:42 PM »
Oh.., It MAY have changed, but  a WU payment had to be made to Steve Young himself.. NOT PBR

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »
OK, I got another response.

They no longer accept Western Union, their Western Union account was frozen. So I am looking at the other options:

1. An international bank draft is $30 with my bank, plus the postage to send it to ($2.75 or $14.90 registered)
2. An international money order is through Western Union, so that is out.
3. US check, I wonder if any of the forwarding services will write a check on my behalf? - will investigate.
4. I don't want to send US currency through the mail.
5. MoneyGram is expensive, the fee will be around $55 for the amount I am ordering (around $500).

An international money transfer is $22 through my bank, but PBR don't recommend this method, and may charge an additional fee.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 09:09:54 AM »
An international money transfer does have fees, as you stated
I have my account set up to do this, but have not tried it with PBR

When doing the transfer you can choose to pay the associated fees

The last time I tried to get a bank cheque made out, none of the bank staff knew how to do it, they had to call on somebody from out the back
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:11:45 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline femto

• Forum Posts:
  • Toowoomba, Qld
  • Go ahead....push my buttons!
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2015, 09:41:58 PM »
I received an email today from moneygram offering a $5 fee for money transfers up to $1000. I can give you the promotion code if you want. It is valid till Jan 30.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2015, 12:06:54 AM »
That would be awesome, thanks.

Offline femto

• Forum Posts:
  • Toowoomba, Qld
  • Go ahead....push my buttons!