Author Topic: WPC CPU acid damage repair  (Read 10104 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: WPC CPU acid damage repair
« on: November 04, 2011, 07:39:01 AM »
Easiest way, SEND YOURS TO ANDREW (BEAKY) and get it fixed properly for a small amount. Andy does all my board repairs, as well as alot of other peoples. Send him a PM (personal message) by cicking on his photo/name etc.

He usually buzzes out all the tracks with a multi meter, plus other various tricks of the trade, as well as very close inspection with magnified lenses etc.

Well worth it to get it fixed by someone with over 20 yrs of experience. Hope it helps.  ^^^
Wonderful thread and great results on your work.  I am new to the boards and am currently trying to fix my T2 pinball.  I saw you added jumpers for the messed up tracks.  How can you tell if a track is messed up?  Sorry for the noob questions, im new to board repair and would really love to get my T2 acid leak fixed.  Any links or pointers to get me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks Zoltar!!  <..>

Easiest way to test tracks is to have a good quality digital multimeter, set it to 'buzz' which is a continuity setting. Put one probe on the start of the track and the other probe on the end of the track. You will get a nice buzz noise from multimeter to let you know. Visual inspection is also a must.

Feel free to post ANY questions in the tech help threads and you will get answers..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:10:41 PM by MartyJ »