Author Topic: I am becoming a pinball addict  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Mr Tilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: I am becoming a pinball addict
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 12:35:03 PM »
We're neighbours, im in Reservoir.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »

Northern suburbs mini meet ?

I'm in Thomastown !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »

Northern suburbs mini meet ?

I'm in Thomastown !

I'm in West Melbourne, but I'm willing to travel!  #*#

Matthew

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »
Who's got the best line-up? Would love to participate in a mini-meet. I've only got the two pins so far - Dirty Harry and Mousin' Around! Love playing the Mousin' Around! because of the challenge - it is set to 3 balls and it is not always easy to keep the ball in play. To get a high score you have to have two good plays in the one game, it is very difficult to get a great score on just the one. Will have to get your advice on the playfield at some point, Nino, as I am interested in cleaning it up eventually.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »
Who's got the best line-up? Would love to participate in a mini-meet. I've only got the two pins so far - Dirty Harry and Mousin' Around! Love playing the Mousin' Around! because of the challenge - it is set to 3 balls and it is not always easy to keep the ball in play. To get a high score you have to have two good plays in the one game, it is very difficult to get a great score on just the one. Will have to get your advice on the playfield at some point, Nino, as I am interested in cleaning it up eventually.

My machines are not yet restored, but when they are - I'll have a mini meet at my place

Line up ;

Fathom - New repro playfield
Medusa - Restored
Paragon - Done
KISS - Full restore
Haunted House - Restore
Spirit - Restore

Maybe

Spirit of 76 and Sky Jump !

Gimmie around... oooh... 4 years !!

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 09:10:06 AM »
OK, any other takers???

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »
Hi Mr Tilt, and %)%

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 11:02:16 PM »
Ill be up for a mini meet, maybe we could hold a competition as well i.e $20 per head and have a 1st & 2nd place prize pool. #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »

Are we going to try and organise a mini-meet? Personally I would love to attend a regular pinnie event, but other than Pinball Faith (Bumper) I never hear of any meets/events. It would be great to meet other like-minded people, play some pinnies and talk rubbish once a month or so. The last "meet" I went to was at Mark C's back in June '08, it's been too long between drinks!

Matthew

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 11:56:07 PM »

Are we going to try and organise a mini-meet? Personally I would love to attend a regular pinnie event, but other than Pinball Faith (Bumper) I never hear of any meets/events. It would be great to meet other like-minded people, play some pinnies and talk rubbish once a month or so. The last "meet" I went to was at Mark C's back in June '08, it's been too long between drinks!

Matthew

Matt - I talked to Mark about this no too long ago. There will be another meet - that's for sure. There were plans for last November, but to put it simply, there were not enough games set up in the showroom at Childs.

There should be two meets this year.. But it all depends on the amount of machines that are on the floor and ready for to play.

I'll have another chat to Mark and see when he thinks we can have one.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 11:58:14 PM »
Love to see a Northern Suburbs mini-meet happen anyway (as long as it didn't clash).

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 12:00:36 AM »

Matthew

Matt - I talked to Mark about this no too long ago. There will be another meet - that's for sure. There were plans for last November, but to put it simply, there were not enough games set up in the showroom at Childs.

There should be two meets this year.. But it all depends on the amount of machines that are on the floor and ready for to play.

I hope you can talk Mark into this Nino... would be a great venue for us Melbournites to meet up and play and talk pinball!

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 12:03:20 AM »

Matthew

I hope you can talk Mark into this Nino... would be a great venue for us Melbournites to meet up and play and talk pinball!

Mate - Won't be too hard, methinks... He wanted to do one late last year. Tell you what - next time you are over there - Start the ball rolling !

Lets see if he reads all his "unread" posts...  %.%

I think a "Northern mini meet" would be a great idea.. There are a few great collectors that I've met up here !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 02:44:45 AM »
Go for it...Ill fly down for a meet at marks

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 10:22:05 AM »
hi & welcome mr tilt, some great titles in your collection, any pics of your current pins !@#??
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.