Author Topic: Next Jersey Jack pin: Elvira 3  (Read 923 times)

Offline Damien

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Next Jersey Jack pin: Elvira 3
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 11:00:08 PM »

dont want to blow my trumpet..

but i have my name in a few of them!!

Offline poodlebob

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 01:55:25 AM »
dont want to blow rgr's trumpet but its a pretty cool story.

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 03:14:59 AM »
Glad you guys don't want to blow your own trumpet. Never liked the trumpet much. Three or so at once could get ugly. I'm a retired woodwind guy.

Anyways, I only wish Elvira was first as Wizard of Oz has a bit of special connection, me being from and still in Kansas and all. Can't afford a NIB this year but probably could next year.

But you never know. As far as pinball themes go, in my opinion JJP has chosen MUCH cooler themes with these two than Stern has been doing lately. They are more "pinballie". I really hope they take off like wildfire and do extremely well with sales. If nothing else, it would be nice to prove to Stern that their "formula" for choosing themes has been veering off the good path. I understand it's just business and I definitely don't know business, but the Stern themes over the past several years have raised nothing but a couple "meh"s out of me - kind of stale. If JJP stays with it and keeps on developing new games with similar cast of talent involved, by the time I can afford a NIB they might possibly fly right past the first stabs and come up with some fantastic new ideas we never would have thought of today.

But listen to me prognosticate when the first attempt is still a black & white sketch on paper. Can't wait to find out where these things might be near me and go play them.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
Without blowing my own trumpet I have my name permanently in the attract mode thanks to Cameron Silver...  $#$

Please explain

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »
+1

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »
Without blowing my own trumpet I have my name permanently in the attract mode thanks to Cameron Silver...  $#$

Please explain

Yeah I knew Cameron Silver back in Melbourne when he used to work at TimeZone. When he went to the states one of the first games he worked on was Elvira. At the time I used to play with Josh Holmes and Rob Macingtosh. Rob went to the states to play in the PAPA in 93 when he won the AU champs. Anyway due to us informing Cameron of all the faults of the games in TimeZone, we have been listed as fault finders in the attract mode.... CSB
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:36:58 AM by RGR »