Author Topic: Help Please - owners of MM, Popeye, Moster bash, CC maybe others?  (Read 599 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
The latest project at Homepin is a replacement "10 opto board" that will suit the following WMS machines:

Bram Stokers Dracula, Dr. Who, Indiana Jones, Pinball Circus, Popeye, Cactus Canyon, Corvette, Monster Bash, Medival Madness, Revenge from Mars, SafeCracker, SWE1, Shadow, World Cup Soccer & possibly other machines.

This board is renowned for giving problems. Ours will have socketed chips, larger 3W resistors mounted on standoffs in place of the 2W and more ventilation holes to let the air circulate better. It will also be available in fully built or kit form. Most O/S suppliers show a replacement with extra features but all are showing "no stock" and are around US$80 approx. I want to keep this board simple and CHEAP! I also want it to be fully repairable unlike the aftermarket one available that uses a surface mount 64 pin chip.....

There are two variants of this board A-15430 and A-20246 and the only real difference is that the 20246 is mounted vertically under the playfielf and so it uses two metal brackets to mount it. In my BSD the board mounts flat and uses the 4 larger holes you can see in the picture below (it is our initial PCB layout).

What I need are the following measurements:

"A" - distance between hole centers as shown
"B" - distance between hole centres as shown
"C" - edge of PCB to the hole center as shown (I assume they are the same?)
"D" - diameter of the four holes - I assume appros 3.2mm?

Can someone with one of these machines help with these measurements please?

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
A is 70mm
B is 110mm
From edge to center is 7mm
And 7mm from the bottom

Can't check hole size as it's riveted to the bracket

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
My WCS94 mounts vertically
A=70
B=110.5
C=6
D=Riveted to bracket so should be clearance for 1/8th I guess.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
A is 70mm
B is 110mm
And 7mm from the bottom

Brilliant guys - thanks for that. I will allow 3.2MM and supply new 3MM nuts and bolts so the brackets can be re-used.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
A is 70mm
B is 110mm
And 7mm from the bottom

Ya beat me to it mate  :lol

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
It's nice to have two replies to confirm things. Also I was not aware the brackets were riveted on but I can see that now when I look more closely at the pics I have.

I think it's a bit of a waste supplying new brackets when it's just as easy to drill out the original ones and bolt them to the new board. It also saves money.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
if there is one in STNG then you may borrow mine for a while
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
if there is one in STNG then you may borrow mine for a while

Thanks for the generous offer but I think we will be right as I have the one from my BSD - it is the variant with the first number and the only difference is the newer ones are a wider PCB to allow for the vertical mounting brackets. All else is the same.

I am doing the same as the other aftermarket one and drilling a row of 1mm holes along the edge (you can see them in that pic) so the sides can be snapped off if they need to be for fitting to a machine when mounting flat such as BSD.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
This project is coming along nicely although I must say there is a LOT more in it than I initially thought - it looks such a simple board but in fact there is quite a lot to it.

We have added 3W resistors, many extra ventilation holes and fatter tracks everywhere. Another day or so will see it finished. It has been kept faithful to the original in terms of circuitry and layout.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Great work Mike  ^^^