Author Topic: kiss its back !  (Read 3589 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: kiss its back !
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »
...and sold for $6599 in the last few seconds.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 12:11:39 AM »
Are you into the Oils cow corner?, noticed your profile picture (The Break) has 3/4 of the oils crew and a bit of femmes mixed in.
Yeah I liked the Oils until PG left and joined politics. I used to see them and v spy v spy quite a bit...great live bands...no exploding crap or makeup...better than kiss....I have seen the break a couple of times...good band...good live...better than kiss...lol....no makeup or exploding things anywhere in site.
Saw the femmes ages ago back in the early 90's when they toured with nirvana...both of these bands were both better than kiss...lol...and I am not really fans of either of them but enjoyed the show.
Oh and for the record I have seen kiss live...... (((

best band i have ever seen live was TOOL no bs and fire works just solid music,but not a 70's band, cant say i am kiss fan, there are far better bands from the 70's than kiss but they are icons none the less.

on the subject of this machine, what will the sellers excuse be for getting out of this sale when relisting it back @ $10grand or will he just relist the same machine and say its a different one?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:16:57 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 12:16:35 AM »

Bloody good coin for an overlay machine

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 12:27:06 AM »

best band i have ever seen live was TOOL no bs and fire works just solid music,but not a 70's band, cant say i am kiss fan, there are far better bands from the 70's than kiss but they are icons none the less.

on the subject of this machine, what will the sellers excuse be for getting out of this sale when relisting it back @ $10grand or will he just relist the same machine and say its a different one?
[/quote]

I've seen tool as well, great show from a great band.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 01:17:31 AM »

I've seen tool as well, great show from a great band.

[/quote]

thats cool, when did you see them? i saw them in 2001 in brisbane and 2011 in brisbane, this last show was great, but that show in 2001 was the single best experience of my life, it was one of those performances where the hair stood up on the back of my neck, and you know when you go to one of those shows when a band finishes playing and you know they nailed it. it was unreal. i didn't bother seeing them at the bdo, as festivals just aren't the same and tool is too big to try and fit into a small set imo. they need to be seen at their own show. that showed was mesmerizing

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 08:52:46 AM »
Pretty sure it was latte 90's early 2000's...have wasted many brain cells since then, as usual it is only the venue..boondal that lets any show down there a touch, not the best accoustics going around. I have seen so many bands there over the years and they all suffer from the same restrictions of the venue.
Mind you a good audio engineer can get around it..Pink Floyd managed to pull a killer sound there during the delicate sound of thunder tour.
I haven't done a bdo in over 20 yrs...went to the first one though, as well as the first livid festival.
festivals are the same as corp greed for mine...gimmee a pub show anyday.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 04:33:22 PM »

Bloody good coin for an overlay machine

$6599 Crazy  :D

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
Well if it has really been sold again, now for the 4th time, I certainly hope the new owner read the description fully and realizes they have just paid $6600 for a KISS pinball with a sticker for a playfield.

Shame another $1500 in parts for a new (real) playfield is required and then a full playfield swap.....Oh and probably rebuild all boards and connectors too.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 06:38:22 PM »
Well if it has really been sold again, now for the 4th time, I certainly hope the new owner read the de******ion fully and realizes they have just paid $6600 for a KISS pinball with a sticker for a playfield.

Shame another $1500 in parts for a new (real) playfield is required and then a full playfield swap.....Oh and probably rebuild all boards and connectors too.

The problem is - which KISS was it ? There were two different playfields pictured. Of course this is my opinion - and I know I keep bashing my head against the wall, but to mislead the public by claiming it is "mint" is a little rich for my liking. It's a "pimped" KISS, not a "mint" KISS.

I wonder if potential buyers were asking the seller questions regarding the photos in this auction. Clearly there was two different playfields. Could have been mixed up with another game ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »

$6599 Crazy  :D
[/quote]

+1 there mate...insanity personfied.
A very expensive boat anchor indeed.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2011, 12:50:33 AM »
Well if it has really been sold again, now for the 4th time, I certainly hope the new owner read the de******ion fully and realizes they have just paid $6600 for a KISS pinball with a sticker for a playfield.

The problem is - which KISS was it ? There were two different playfields pictured. Of course this is my opinion - and I know I keep bashing my head against the wall, but to mislead the public by claiming it is "mint" is a little rich for my liking. It's a "pimped" KISS, not a "mint" KISS.

I wonder if potential buyers were asking the seller questions regarding the photos in this auction. Clearly there was two different playfields. Could have been mixed up with another game ?

i wonder if the seller has posted two machines, and depending what price they got for it which machine they got lol. if he wanted 10g's and it sold for 6g's they got the crappy one lol

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
The seller has another KISS on ebay for sale. This time with a Playboy as a package deal. $16 500 for both.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KISS-PLAYBOY-PINBALL-MACHINES-AMAZING-CONDITION-ULTIMATE-MANCAVE-PACKAGE-/110782840439?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item19cb2bfe77
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:11:58 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2011, 06:20:13 PM »
  :lol

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2011, 09:19:44 PM »
"This is NOT the machine I sold Last Week"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »
"This is NOT the machine I sold Last Week"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No - that one had an overlay which everyone will be using soon..... %.% %.%... this one has a REAL playfield!

Im assuming with this auction that the KISS is valued at $10000 and the Playboy at $6500?.. And discount for multiple purchases is....?????

I also have this feeling that the seller or friends of seller read this forum  && &&