Author Topic: Pinball and moving house don't mix  (Read 389 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Pinball and moving house don't mix
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »
Wasn't sure whether to post this on the tips section but what the heck.

Unless you're a Marty J or the like who checks a new addition to his collection like a CSI investigator, you'll be like me and work on the principle that if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well the short coming of this philosophy is when you move house. This is when you find all the cases of dud connectors, wires that are just hanging on etc etc. Every time I have taken a break from unpacking boxes or setting up a room and having a game, I find I'm spending another hour or more fixing a problem like a coil not working because a wire has come off.

My tip, therefore is when you move your collection to a new home, line them up and play each one for a couple of hours and wait for the problems to occur. Then fix the problems and move onto the next game. Takes the frustration out of your time outs from the mundane tasks of moving.

Better still don't move  @.@
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Pinball and moving house don't mix
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:04:05 AM »
But if you are moving to a place with more pinball space then feel free to move anyway!

A good tip!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »
Last time i moved house, it was only about 6 streets to the new house. Still had to move over 30 pins and it sucked.

Its only when u move house, do u realise what a pain in the bum these machines are. But still, i guess its all worth it.

!@# !@# Pinballgod, did u have to move far and did u move by truck or by trailer.  !@# !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »

Unless you're a Marty J or the like who checks a new addition to his collection like a CSI investigator, you'll be like me and work on the principle that if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well the short coming of this philosophy is when you move house. This is when you find all the cases of dud connectors, wires that are just hanging on etc etc. Every time I have taken a break from unpacking boxes or setting up a room and having a game, I find I'm spending another hour or more fixing a problem like a coil not working because a wire has come off.

My tip, therefore is when you move your collection to a new home, line them up and play each one for a couple of hours and wait for the problems to occur. Then fix the problems and move onto the next game. Takes the frustration out of your time outs from the mundane tasks of moving.

Good excuse not to move!

Well Rob, your lucky in some aspects as your new manor (I'm guessing) doesn't have a driveway quite like mine or steps to lug machines in / out of!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 09:40:21 PM »
Last time i moved house, it was only about 6 streets to the new house. Still had to move over 30 pins and it sucked.

Its only when u move house, do u realise what a pain in the bum these machines are. But still, i guess its all worth it.

!@# !@# Pinballgod, did u have to move far and did u move by truck or by trailer.  !@# !@#
Cavey I did two moves, one for just over a year while building and then to the new house. First move was from one end of Melbourne to the other and the second about 20 minutes away. The bugger is that each time you get your games playing to their optimal a move sends them haywire. Both of the moves were done by removalists but did have some cabinet damage by the first guys. A long story that my wife still wishes she listened to me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:42:03 PM by pinball god »

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »

Good excuse not to move!

Well Rob, your lucky in some aspects as your new manor (I'm guessing) doesn't have a driveway quite like mine or steps to lug machines in / out of!

Just got my driveway started today  @@*. After seeing your driveway Marty, I break into a cold sweat whenever I see a speed hump now. I still get nose bleeds just hearing about your drive from other people.

I gotta get you over to play some of my games when things settle down here. Would be great to have a few guys over.

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 10:03:02 PM »
Good luck Pnball God, I shall have to move myself soon.

Also, not looking forward to it  @.@

Marty Machine

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »
BBQ is on at Robs.....  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Marty Machine

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 10:31:07 PM »
Good luck Pnball God, I shall have to move myself soon.
Also, not looking forward to it  @.@
What the???? didn't you just get there???

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
BBQ is on at Robs.....  :lol :lol :lol :lol
Done deal just byo gum boots. Lots of red clay mud. My dogs have grown an extra 4 inches in height  @.@

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »
Nah, been about 18 months. Only just got pics happening.  #@#

Marty Machine

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »
Nah, been about 18 months. Only just got pics happening.  #@#
Lazy Boy ;-)

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »
I am almost thinking legs off, head down, balls out and on their end for transport and getting in single handed....My 2 cents worth.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »
I am almost thinking legs off, head down, balls out and on their end for transport and getting in single handed....My 2 cents worth.

Sheesh. I'm glad I finished reading the complete sentence. At one stage I thought you'd been peeking through my windows after a hard week.....legs apart, Head down and balls out  @.@
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:07:16 PM by pinball god »

Marty Machine

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 11:09:46 PM »
Sheesh. I'm glad I finished reading the complete sentence. At one stage I thought you'd been peeking through my windows after a hard week.....legs apart, Head down and balls out  @.@
Wow! i wanna work where you work hahahahahaha  :lol :lol :lol :lol