Author Topic: Playfield Overlays  (Read 1397 times)

Offline multiball3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Playfield Overlays
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »
I have been told that TZ main playfields are being done at the moment by Mirco
- Contact details please  #*#

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »
Shoot Mirco and email.  His English is quite good, so he should be able to confirm the 'rumour' I was given..

http://www.highclasspinballs.com/index.php?language=en

Best of luck

Offline multiball3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
Email sent - I'll know soon.

Offline pokermachine

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 09:52:46 PM »
Interesting stuff, with that said you would have to be mad to purchase one of those KISS machines with an overlay :)

Yes but when is an overlay a brand new PF??... only played for testing... YOU..... LUCKY OWNER will be the VERY FIRST!!!!!!!!

When you want to squeeze $9K out of it.

On a side note... in a shopping centre recently, they had a SIGNED KISS poster for sale... framed!!!
Price was $120

I reckon a laminated signed napkin would be worth.... what........$???

Sounds pretty cheap to me!!!
Have to be careful with all these shops selling signed posters and photos... what they do is get the photo hand signed by the artist then do a reprint of the signed photo so basically you are buying a just a copy of what they got signed..... so virtually worthless... looks good tho  ^^^

A napkin can't really be a reproduced print so may be legit.. or just someone copying their signature!
What sort of shop was it???? a collectable dealer???

At the end of the day i guess its worth what someone will pay for it, but on the flip side if you were to get a napkin signed by kiss how much would you sell it for.... bet your answer is more than $120

wait a minute.... napkin... this what you wipe your mouth with or some pinball terminology !@#

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 11:14:03 PM »
yep, a napkin that you wipe your mouth with, not a gloss print but a bumpy lumpy napkin.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pokermachine

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 02:00:25 AM »
ah good.... have heard of a apron in pinnys so wasn't too sure about the napkin @.@

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 03:18:09 AM »
TZ main playfields are being made by Mirco in Germany. The playfield file was being checked for errors with feedback by rgp members back in April.

The pricing structure will be dependent on which version of clearcoat you get: Standard or Ceramic.

Preliminary pricing at this stage appears to be between $722US and $765 for normal clearcoat and $50 more for the ceramic version (plus shipping).

For those interested in what is next in the way of playfields from Mirco, it should be TZ, then Scared Stiff, then another AFM rerun (no timeframes)  ^^^

Playfield art file can be seen below:

Playfield inserts were being fitted back in late March:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:36:26 AM by pinsanity »

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 04:22:45 PM »
Cool, I  wonder if they will offer PFs with the third magnet hole and rebate on the underside

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 08:52:01 AM »
Cool, I  wonder if they will offer PFs with the third magnet hole and rebate on the underside

Yes he is, but i would email to make sure.Have ordered one with the third magnet hole myself.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »
Highclasspinballs just finished TZ printing today and ready to ship in a few weeks. If he ships in multiple orders to a country he can get the freight costs down, I am getting a White Water off him.

Place you orders
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline multiball3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »
I just got a reply back from Mirco - He hasn't finished pricing the TZ Playfields, but definately being shipping the first ones out soon. I'm definately getting one, as I have been after one for years. I know one of the options will be ceramic coated, has anyone got any recommendations whether ceramic or clear coating is best?

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 08:27:11 AM »
I just got a reply back from Mirco - He hasn't finished pricing the TZ Playfields, but definately being shipping the first ones out soon. I'm definately getting one, as I have been after one for years. I know one of the options will be ceramic coated, has anyone got any recommendations whether ceramic or clear coating is best?

For the extra $50.00 ???? I would go ceramic,not that I could tell the differents, as when i look at my AFM playfield it looks the same but it sound cool. ^^^
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline multiball3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 11:26:17 AM »
I've doing a bit of research and there is a lot of opinion on other forums that are against the ceramic coating. No science to those opinions just some feedback saying that it discolours the playfield and ball movement across the finish is different. Anyone with some facts and figures out there?  ^&^