Author Topic: BRISY/G-COAST MEMBERS - NEW PLAYFIELD GLASS AVAIL  (Read 378 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
BRISY/G-COAST MEMBERS - NEW PLAYFIELD GLASS AVAIL
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:45:36 PM »
 Attention Gold Coast and Brisbane Members.
I have today done a deal with a large glass manufacturer in Brisbane for brand new toughened playfield glass. I will be placing an order shortly.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, is if anyone on the Gold Coast or Brisbane would be interested in both standard or widebody toughned glass for any of their pinball machines.
(pick up/delivery avail for both Brisy or G/Coast door to door incl free).

I am just wanting to get a general idea, of any additional numbers before i order. The pricing will be provided in the next week or so, but if u imagine its going to be at trade/cost or imagine for the time being that the price is going to be very very attractive, so just give me a reply/post to register any interest for std or widebody glass.

With final numbers/rough idea of anyone who is interested, the price will be cheaper for all of us when i buy in bulk. let me know, regards Brett  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Good on you mate...

ill have  one for GTB Amazing Spiderman. Ive looked into this before and a bulk order does make it cheap.

Will get dimensions soon

Offline deadlydave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Sounds good Brett, put me down for 2 x standard.
Cheers
Dave

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Gav and Dave, can u give me the exact measurement of the glass on your machines and the titles. Length x width by thickness in millimetres pls.

I am going to measure the glass on my std and my widebody's machines and list the exact measurements on here. That way we can check measure each others glass sizes before i order, and once i confirm ezact glass size to the millimetre, we will be good to go for the final pricing and then ordering.

( I did an alarm n camera job for this client so he has returned the favour and is doing the pricing for me at literal cost for toughened glass) Should work out well.   ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline deadlydave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Hi Brett,
Both my late 70 GTB's and 3 Williams SS all have standard size glass.
43" x 21" x 3/16". Which works out approx 1092 x 533 x 4.7mm.
Cheers
Dave

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
I will be in for a couple to theree of these,

Measured mine the two 90s DMDs have 4.5mm 1092x533

The SS Firepower has 4mm 1090x 535,

but the slightly thicker glass of the DMDs fits it fine

Put me down for 3 please Brett..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:24:21 PM by TUF-427 »
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
ok, thanks guys. Will wait one more week for anyone else to put their hand up and then will get a final great price $$$ for us all before ordering up. 

THERES NOTHING BETTER THAN CRYSTAL CLEAR BRAND NEW GLASS WHEN PLAYING YA FAVOURITE PINBALL MACHINE.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Hi Brett any progress on the Glass deal?

Cheers Peter..
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Be interested to see what the prices are. I've found the prices change up here in Townsville like Julia Gillard changes her mind on election promises.....

Most seem to be around $110-$140 for a std size, but then one shop quoted me $45, then two months later $130, then i walked in the other day with another glass order for a shower screen, asked out of interest what a toughened piece was for the appropriate dimensions...$57 - so i grabbed one for a spare at that price

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
APOLOGIES.

Hi Guys, sorry I have not been on here much in the last few weeks. I have 2 x torn discs in my lower back from moving 30 friggin pinball machines and have been backwards and forwards to the doctors and the chemist getting pain killers ranging from oxy-contin (morfein) to valium to relieve bad muscle spasms in the back etc. MRI scans etc etc. Between that and running my Security business and getting behind a little, I havent had a chance to phone my friend back at the glass company.

BUT I WILL GET OFF MY ASS (or back) and do it on Thursday/Friday and will have a definate price for everyone by close of business monday.  *%*

p.s - it shld be $50 or even less given that I have seen others from many different places buy in bulk (meaning a dozen sheets or more). I even had one price related to me of around $30 ish. Lets see what i can come up with by Monday afternoon.

Thanks for your patience guys.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^  Cavey !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
"ASS" is seppo - I suspect you mean "ARSE" which would be correct..... <.>
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals