Author Topic: "Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
"Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb
« on: July 09, 2011, 11:12:24 PM »
ive done a fair wack of research on the net on this machine, and its prety limited numbers made only a few hundred made? anyways, i bought this machine a few days ago in working order, however very dirty and not very neat, the playfield is prety good, as was mylayed, the plastics on the play field had good print on them, however were very warped, the bigger ones around the top and sides and center were very wavy, lol, however i have a plastic welder, which is virtually a 700deg hair dryer, i use for repairing bumbers on my cars, i have a wide tip that i used to heat the perpex to the point it is plyable, and prety much just sat it on a very clean very flat surface and once the perspex relaxes it conforms to the shape being flat in this case, so looks like it was new again, nice and easy. all chrome on play field looked garbage and looked like it has spent along time in storage with no glass on it, the playfield was like sandpapper on the mylayer, and the ball release track was very dirty and gritty. the missus and i have spent our time cleaning play field, plastics and metal rail and gates so it all looks prety under the glass.
i Have 50 Led bayonete light that just replace the old 44 glass bulbs, that i will use to make the machine look allot nicer and help protect against the heat and damage the old bulbs cause. they are a cheap quick mod.
this machine is being done up good enough for our cafe, and will be used by many which is nice i think.
i am missing the backglass image and have talked to member here who has had one of these machines, about scanning there backglass image, but if any one has a Rock backglass id be interested. mostly its prety rock solid cabinet wise and mech wise, but needs a big clean up.
need to strip the powder coat of side rails as it is worn and ill polish up to mirror instead of repainting. i have pulled the old cracked "t" rubber trim around the head board and replaced with new, here is some pics as it stands. cheers

this machine has awesome sound features

will post more as machine progresses, it may not be a project that a purest will apreciate, as i will be making this for a shop as a work horse.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: "Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »
Fun looking game, great lighting effects, don't mind the sound either. Here's a vid of the game.

[/youtube]
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
Do post the Adress of your cafe'! I'm sure alot of members would pop in for a coffee and a few games! $#$
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »
Congrats on the game. Pinball Resource appear to have NOS translites for the game to purchase http://www.pbresource.com/transl.html

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 01:34:13 PM »
Congrats on the game. Pinball Resource appear to have NOS translites for the game to purchase http://www.pbresource.com/transl.html
Now all you need is a peice of glass (from your local glass glaser) cut to the size you need (someone post sizes please!) and and a backglass channel with some trim:   ...   ...   ...   ... (can someone find it for me... all i could find was http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=24964 )
GOOD LUCK! ^^^
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 01:35:21 PM »

Good find!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »
You guys are awesome, thanx for Links I'll look when I get home tonight.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:59:28 PM »
the more i look at them the more it annoys me, does any one have Acorn Nut's for the gottlieb? the ones on my machine look very average, i caqnt clean them up good enough, if you do have some new pref then send me a message with price, or point me in the right direction for a good supplier,

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »
the more i look at them the more it annoys me, does any one have Acorn Nut's for the gottlieb? the ones on my machine look very average, i caqnt clean them up good enough, if you do have some new pref then send me a message with price, or point me in the right direction for a good supplier,

RTTB are the best local supplier of Gottlieb parts (and my first stop for anything Bally / Williams & Data East too..).  Oh and ramps.

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=acorn&osCsid=79b1cbb78580b5a8aa7a292afef3d98d&x=0&y=0

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 10:12:12 PM »
ok great, because i am such a newbie to this field i have little knowledge of how sells what, lol, i didnt honestly think there was so much i nthe way of suppliers for pinball parts, its great to know whats about and who sells what, i was thinking most of this sort of resto was going to involve hours and hours days and days, even months and months of searching ebay till bit show up for sale. lol. cheers for info guys

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 02:33:53 PM »
ok may not be the most exciting thread for you hardcore resto people, lol so here is some updates for my cleanup of my rock machine.
thanx to members here who have found me a translight i have one thing that isnt worrying me as much,

here is an image of some leds' im using to replace the old glass bulbs, two reason for doing this, stop the heat problems and they look nicer and make the machine look cleaner, and cos they were so cheap i bought a tonne of them for my space hawks machine, leaving me with a good amount for this rock machine.

also is the missus stripping the paint of the side rails, i have been banned form the machine untill she has done it, she has tried many wayto remove it. but being powder coat its been a nightmare so she has resorted to the way we would attack a car paint in a resto lol.
its our day off from the shop and so today we should knock a fair bit of this elbow grease work,

also bought a new tube of one of my altime favourite products, "Autosol" ill attack some more metal polishing today, i used allot of it on my space hawks machine and i ran out 2/3rds of the way through the metal work on ROCK, and now i can polish up the legs, with my 8inch buffer
that will make easy work of it. ive found most stuff i have laying around for cars is usefull for pinballs, win win

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »
ok after attacking the powder coat on side rails, we hit it will some autosol and buff wheel, she now has shine, i hate this diveted style side rails, pain in the ass to remove the paint, could have been so easy if it was flat like other machines, but bit the bullet and paint stripper made light work of it.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 06:20:57 PM »
Wow .. rail looks great  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »
cheers mate. paint stripper is great stuff, and autosol is great for polishing alli. (Olivia) did an awesome job on the rails, they did look horid with the black powder coat worn off in areas, but under that lay a nice bit of alli

next update, the missus and have been spending about 40mins installing leds and working out where to put what colour, she's giving the thing a clean from my grubby finger prints, some how she can do the same work as i and i get twice as dirty,? lol

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »
Great to see you are putting the missus to work, It's hard enough to get mine to admit she doesn't mind to play one now and then, let alone get her to work on one  :lol