Author Topic: "Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb  (Read 5568 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: "Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 08:06:34 PM »
Great to see you are putting the missus to work, It's hard enough to get mine to admit she doesn't mind to play one now and then, let alone get her to work on one  :lol

ahahaha, well 4 weeks ago she wasnt to impressed with the idea of buying our first pinball. i had never owned one and really ever played one two or three times previously, lol.
out of the blue i thought it might be good to get a pinball, Iwas planning on spending a couple of grand buying a modern one, however she gave me a budget she thought would be too hard to find one for, lol or at worst delay me buying one. so i compremised and agreed, two days later i found space hawks fully working just needed tlc to make it prety and fixed a few probs that came up. with in an hour of having the machine her words were.
"ok i must admit this was one of those random ideas that was great" lol
and she really was the reason for the second one. she said we should get one for the shop and buy another cheap pinny that works, and thanx to tony at pinball shed he found me another. lol
she loves helping with the cars and so it wasnt to hard to get her involved. she is really helpfull and so we can knock things over on it quick when two people gettting involved.
Ps sadly she holds the high score on pinballs, i cant seem to get close to her lol

ok here is us cleaning out the cabinet, looks horid and i had been putting it off, but whilst i had the play field up changing to leds, we got stuck into it. it had dust from the 80s and with a vac and wipe down the thing came up looking awesome, which i didnt think it would when you look at this picture of what it looked like lol ahaha, it was all just dirt and dust cm's thick in places lol but under that it was great.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 11:58:50 PM »
the legs are shitty looking, they have rust stains, residue and light scuffs, however i cant justify buying new legs, especially when there is a perfectly good buffer that should knock it over fast, and unless you got right up close you would notice. so here is legs now.
Ive also bought a roll of Vinyl sticker sheeting, and as this is going into a cafe i will need it too look neat, and two stand up to teenagers playing with it, so ill wrap the entire cab in vinyl, like a massive sticker, so it will cover up the shitty old art work to look neater but also mean at a later date it can be peeled off and alow it to be restored and re stenciled.

as for the missing backlight i will be getting a sheet of perpex done to the local sign writer to make a temp backboard, with the top 1/3 dedicated with gottlieb Rock theme, and the lower 2/3 will be just plain black so i can use it as a special board advertising lol. so i can sell them a feed whilkst they play, lol.
but i will be buying a genuine item from the above link, so it can be replaced.

so before the purest yell at me,ahaha, its all being done like that for a reason so keep open mind from now on, lol

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »
ok bought a coin mech off ebay, the on e in my machine at the moment is some sort of token, and wont fit a aus money,

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »
the legs are shitty looking, they have rust stains, residue and light scuffs, however i cant justify buying new legs, especially when there is a perfectly good buffer that should knock it over fast,
If you can't get the rust stains out then try Ranex-Rustbuster... and let that kill the rust before continuing buffing... I'm sure you know what your doing! @@*
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
cheers for advice, i hit them with the autosol and buff wheel and it removed the stains that you see in the above picture, and brought it up real good, but if i ever have trouble with rust stains in the future i will look into the product you have suggested thank you.
ive been reading many posts in the forum looking at products people use for verious jobs, i caqn tell you im taking allot of that on board with this and future resto's. i have learnt allot in the last few days being here and, some of things people do here is insane and of awsome quality, so im doing my best in learning a thing or two from the pro's here. 4 weeks ago i didnt even know what the inisde of pinball machine looked like lol

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
ok this tag on the front i have dont know what it is about, and dont know where to get replacement from?,  the words i can make out i think are,
" exclusive for export" i could be wrong and i dont know what the rest says. any ideas?

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »
Yea, i think it is export sign... i have one on a Genisus but its in german or russian! can you remove it?
Happy reading!

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:46 PM »
ok this tag on the front i have dont know what it is about, and dont know where to get replacement from?,  the words i can make out i think are,
" exclusive for export" i could be wrong and i dont know what the rest says. any ideas?

I'm sure it would have said something along those lines with MONDIAL.  I think they may have been a part owner of Premier...I am fairly sure it was only on the export machines (ie Europe etc).

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »
ok, yer i can remove it. i was hoping to replace it with another one or something else simular, it looks like it uses the same nails as the side rails

i was thinking it said money but that made no sense with the rest of it. so those make more sense. cheers

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »
Yeah it would have read Mondial for export only may even have it samped into the lockdown bar a few of te french machines had similar stuff on them

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »
ok for ddstoys, to tell me which part i am to order for flipper rebuild.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 09:24:28 PM »
Man now i am confused????   Them mechs don't look original which means they could be anything.   Can you take a few more photos showing both mechs?

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:46 PM »
I had silmalar mechs but they were a very short stroke... I was able to modify 1 but its hard to find parts if you don't know what your looking for. It might be a good idea to replace them and put in original flipper mechs, brackets and all.
the main thing that confuses me on that mech is that big bolt! !@#
Happy reading!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
Man now i am confused????   Them mechs don't look original which means they could be anything.   Can you take a few more photos showing both mechs?

ok to me it looks like the return spring is a mod job, and the bolt used on it is certainly not original, lol but the rest looks normal, it just looks wierd because the mod for the return spring and big bolts and the home made looking plate that has been added for this return spring. the spring is not of the rod that goes into the coil like my other machine, it is something i want to change at some point, ill get some more pics.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 09:49:11 PM »
ok ive popped the playfield for a better shot, cheers for input guys