Author Topic: "Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb  (Read 5469 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: "Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »
Ok I can see what they have done they have convert the flippers to Williams style flippers can order you a rebuild kit to suit these if you like?  Or you can find some originals??? 

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 10:01:15 PM »
 its a bloody big coil, yer ill go with what is there. would this typically have the return spring on the shaft going into the coil? cos i want to piss of that horid return spring settup it has atm. would this kit come with the coil return spring?

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »
its a bloody big coil, yer ill go with what is there. would this typically have the return spring on the shaft going into the coil? cos i want to piss of that horid return spring settup it has atm. would this kit come with the coil return spring?
don't worry, Daniels looking after you!
I'm sure any problems you have, he can help you fix them!
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 01:32:47 PM »
I'm far from worried he has a much better idea than i would lol, so im happy to go with the experts on this lol. cheers

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »

Yep the kits come with a new return spring, which is heaps lighter than the one you have now.  A heavy spring will severly impact on your flipping power as the coil has to fight against it

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »
I'll order the flipper kit that has the spring that goes over the plunger shaft.  I'll place the order tomorrow

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
cheers mate. yer that spring settup has been a worry since the day i saw it. i figured the how it should be is on the shaft rather than how it is on this dodgy bracket with the external spring. do you think that is accurate dd? even though this flipper seetup might not be orginal that would be the best way to go on rectifying it?

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 09:35:27 PM »
Id just rebuild what's there mate.   Can you take a photo of the top of the flippers for me?  Ill see if i have any similar

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 11:05:21 PM »
on page opne shows the flippers,
yer im more interested than just making my current ones better. they have plenty of punch and work fine. the only prob with them is on the right side the flipper stop switch is buggered and after a few mins of play it welds its self together, the contacts are stuffed.
but i do want to fix that return spring settup it looks horid and both springs are different, and it just bugs me thinking about them, lol

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 12:19:23 PM »
ok well monday and tuesdays are my days off from our shop, last week i got allot done and a bit of ebay shopping for this week, well only one of my ebay items turned up today, that i bought last week, being my coin mech. so im happy i can get one thing done today even if its something as simple as that, it now takes $1 coin. what i really wanted to turn up is the vinyl sheet so can cover the entire machine. damn it no luck hopefully tomorrow, that was what i hoping for today make this bad boy look good for the shop.
seller who is producing it hasnt replied to messages so i hope he sent it.
todays job is to go and find some one who will sell me completely black perpex for my back board and temp translight replacement, and ill take to sticker man to make logo's made for it to fill that horid gap. so i can put in the shop and let people use it again.

ill post more when i get something worthy of photos. this machine is no "sedgwick" but i am hoping it can get there lol

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »
Your parts were posted friday so hopefully you will have a few thugs you can to with your Tuesday off.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
oh no i wasnt refering to your parts dd, lol nah bloody ebay people. mostly the stickers. i bought them last monday. the parts i bought from you, like you said were like friday. i wasnt expecting them today, cheers.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »
Ok this part really confuses me. please could some one explain why i need two switches on my flipper? its really messy and i have no idea, it looks like it doesnt need to be there, but im no pinball expert so i might be over looking a reason for this.
its only one one side,
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:14:52 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 07:24:46 PM »
I cant remember but the second set of contacts may be to change the skill shot lanes??

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
im trying to work it out, there is a wire there that has been cut god knows what this switch does, has three wires to it two go to the loom and the third well its cut. when the flipper kit turns up ill follow it and see, but to be honest i dont really know the chematics of pinball machines lol, the tech stuff is beyond me, the mech stuff is pretty simple. only reason i was lookiing as i was trying to bodgy up the flipper to work, which i did lol