Author Topic: "Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb  (Read 5598 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: "Rock Encore" from premier Gottlieb
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 08:03:07 PM »
After a second look they might have added that second switch to hold the end of stroke switch closed so it might do nothing

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 09:36:45 PM »
hmm two of those wires are connected on the second switch, the other switch does have both connected, to me it looks like the first switch is closed untill you go full on flipper then the other switch is open untill you closed the flipper??? lol is that just two switches doing the same thing? im confused to be honest lol ahaha, before getting all freaked out on this machine. the only thing that looks dodgy is the flipper essay, everything else on this machines mechs look neat and original,

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 10:03:59 PM »
On these flippers you you should have one set of contacts that stay closed until the flipper is up whic cuts the power to the strong coil winding allowing the flipper to stay up without melting the coil.   Id say the other switch will be a lane change feature and should have very little affect on the game if not working

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 02:44:46 AM »
yer i under stand the normal switch on what that does, ill keep that lane change feature one in mind when i investigate once i rebuild the flipper essay and kit it out cheers.
i think what is off putting also is at some point some 10year old has messed around and dodgied the flipper essay lol. well it looks like it was done by a ten year old. and when something like this is 25 years old you dont know who in the past has worked on it so ill look around it and see if i can figure out how to improve that flipper system once the kit arrives. this advice given on this forum is very helpfull and i am very thankfull
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:46:37 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »
ok progress finally lol.
machine got a good coat of vinyl, looks great and looks like it has been 2paked. except no it hasnt lol.
not the funnest job in the world to get right, lots of swearing and what not to get it to sit right with out bubbles and what not, end result is great, now i just have to stick on the shops decals on the sides and should be almost ready to go in the shop, back to what it was made for, a work horse lol.
when we started this thing, it was the good old fasion car way of thinking, black and chrome for the win, lol clean and simple and i think this should fit in very well in our cafe. hope you like it, again its not a project that would impress the pinball purests, so keep in mind what its being used for and the state it started out as. cheers.

ps ddtoys those parts turned up today, you are a legend mate thank you so much, im going to try and get a bit of that stuff done tonight before bed.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 10:21:05 PM »
oops pictures

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 12:52:50 AM »
I love the LED's you picked, gives the machine some really nice colour, i'm not a fan of plain but i'm sure your plans will work out. i dont think you could sell it with a custom cabinet and backglass well not at the price its worth but its going into ur shop so selling it wont need to thought about!
 ^^^
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2011, 01:06:17 AM »
I love the LED's you picked, gives the machine some really nice colour, i'm not a fan of plain but i'm sure your plans will work out. i dont think you could sell it with a custom cabinet and backglass well not at the price its worth but its going into ur shop so selling it wont need to thought about!
 ^^^

ahaha yer thats true, the cab was very average to start with and i bought the machine with this exact purpose in mind, the thing is very neat now, lol but yer far from factory ahaha. i know this is not a machine for the purests who like originality, and i apreciate that, i wouldnt do this to my space hawks machine, thats my original one, and i wouldnt put it into a cafe with kids playing with it. so this is a purpose built machine for that reason, one its a work horse and two its needed to fit in with the shops theme,
yer the gloss black will be broken up with big chrome " ROCK" down the side a bit of a spin on the original, to just really bling this bad boy up lol but will also have our shops logo's on it so yer, its not about resale value more playablity and eye catching. really went down the hot rod theme on this chrome and black. but i wont be messing around with playfield or any of that sort of garbage, but i will say everything is reversable. and so if i am sick of it in the shop i can fully restore. cheers guys, after this is out of my house i think my next project will be an original full resto, i havent worked out what sort of machine im going to do yet, nothing has cought my interest as yet, so im on the look out to do simular sort of things i see you guys doing. many of you guys here have enspired me with your projects to do something lieka big resto, something i previously wasnt that interested in doing until ljoining here and seeing what you guys do and the extent you do it. cheers

ps, i bought a sheet of plexiglass and some protector film, to replace this old horid old and scratched up glass, should make it hard for the kids to smash that. lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:11:53 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 02:06:24 PM »
ddstoys, you were spot on with the flipper advice mate, and the parts are exactly what needed, so thumbs up champs. you know your stuff

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »
ddstoys, you were spot on with the flipper advice mate, and the parts are exactly what needed, so thumbs up champs. you know your stuff

should have the machine ready in the shop next week, and im really excited to see this machine back in service getting played by the masses. kids in town want know what the hell a pinball machine is all about, it must be 15 odd years since i have seen our town have functioning pinball machine available to play. lol

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
Glad I could help.   Fingers crossed it goes really well and you need another one on site

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »
Glad I could help.   Fingers crossed it goes really well and you need another one on site

ahaha yer cheers. i left you feedback for the transaction, you deserve every bit you get., thank you

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2011, 09:29:42 PM »
Ok the machine has come up pretty good, thanks to ddstoys for helping me out with ordering translight from pbr. he has been a massive help. Machine was tonight installed in our Cafe, and much to the staffs delight, every body was around the machine wanting a go, and we put in about 40mins before closing times so customers were gobsmacked and were very interested in playing it. this old POS will be back what it was made to do, earn some cash. think ive made it pretty kiddy proof, and with the black vynal stickering around the cab, that should protect the original Art work underneith for future resto, cheers

also ddstoys, ill add more rep points for good trade transaction ,thank you
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:31:15 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2011, 09:39:58 PM »
Thats great to hear all is good, I would like to see more pics of the final machine... If you don't mind,
and It would be great if you could list your cafe' in here: http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6356.0 so that AP members can drop by and have a game!
 ^^^ Well done on your restore!  %.% @@*
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
No worries Jason
      And I do have a flipper kit for the upper flippers If you still wanted to do them ^^^