Author Topic: Beaky's Pinball Repairs  (Read 14898 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Beaky's Pinball Repairs
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 03:18:42 AM »
your welcome mate  ^^^

It just shows how important it is to replace the electrolytic capacitor on a wpc mpu board and the capacitor after the 5 volt regulator when replacing the bridge rectifiers and capacitors on the power driver board to rectify a resetting problem.

someone had replaced the cap and rectifier not long before leon bought his CFTBL to rectify a reset problem but failed to replace the 2 caps i mentioned above. A few months after Leon bought his machine the reset problem came back. That is why I insist my customers send me both the power driver board and the mpu board when they need a reset problem fixed.

This was the power driver board that had the totally burnt and butchered G.I. section. I designed a board layout that is mounted on to the power driver board and replaces the G.I. circuitry to over come this problem and sent the PCB file to Mike from Home Pin. Mike etched and routed the board to my layout, I then installed all the new components and fitted it to the damaged G.I. section.

Here is the original thread http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6321.0 
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)