Author Topic: Beaky's Pinball Repairs  (Read 14839 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Beaky's Pinball Repairs
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
Top Tech, top rates and a top guy to boot!
Thanks again mate for all your help.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »
reading the reply's here, it seems this man for the job, looking forward to the pinball repair master fixing my old rock machine, cheers mate

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 08:47:33 PM »
Beaky did an overhaul on my Bally SS boards and they are like brand new.  He is now doing my other set.  I just sent everything up from Melbourne.  Very very happy and mighty impressed.  Highly recommended.  He is an extremely valuable resource in a very small market!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »
I have been burnt by a dodgy tech before, after that beaky is a godsend.
He has done some some boards for me as well as general pin reapair.
He takes extra care and goes out of his way to make sure everything is just right.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:50:08 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline bsa

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »
Took my boards up to him on Sunday, very nice bloke and open to a good chat. Explained everything that will be needed and i left confident that he is the right man for the job. Onya Beaky. ^^^ PS nice family too.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:33:51 PM by bsa »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:29 PM »
I have had some more boards from other members dropped off to my place today for Andy to fix.  ^^^
Word of mouth travels fast. Happy customer Reccomendations means more work.  ^^^ I will drop them over tomorrow mate.

I have got a sound board and a DMD driver board for ya from the member. Then you have to finish off all my Phoenix boards and replace all the old stuff still left on them.

You will be busy til Xmas but you are carving thru it at a nice rate. Well done Beaky.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 02:37:36 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys, I try and do my best to keep your machines running smoothly.

I don't get a lot of time to jump on here ATM due to board repairs and call outs to repair machines in peoples homes.

It's amazing how many people have a pinball machine in their house on the Gold Coast alone, and I love the true stories of how they acquired the machine.

Just about every time I go to someone's house to repair a machine there is a teenager or a younger kid just dying to play the machine when it's fixed, so maybe there is a future for pinball with the next generation.  #*#   

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 04:41:53 PM »
This guy is a legend, came out and fixed my machine today, real professional guy he also doing board repairs for me

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »
ok Andrew came out today to put back in my boards he repaired, well he went above and beyond the normal to fix them, came out and fixed other things with my machine, and if any one has ever had a devil machine that just would not play ball would know any repairer would charge out their back side to fix when it was a mountain of issues, i now have a machine that is relyable and ready to do work in our shop. He also came over to my house after fixing our shop's machine to swap over the boards on my wcs94 into the new headbox. again did an awesome job and cant say in words how great this guy's work is. true champ and bloody good prices. he is rare in the fact he actually cares about how his work is seen and wants to impress the customer. will use again

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 08:14:10 PM »
Great feedback!  ^^^
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 08:27:47 PM »
awesome

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 02:29:27 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and the great hospitality Jason & Olivia
It was a devil of a machine but as you know I never give up on a fault / faults until they are fixed.

I must also thank the members who helped me out by supplying me with the schematics & sound files for your machine.

I could have kicked myself for leaving the system 80B schematics at home today but fortunately I was able to remember enough from them to be able to diagnose all the remaining faults on your ROCK.

I must admit we got the guts of the back box changed over pretty quickly on your WCS.

And the steak sandwich that was supplied to me for lunch from your shop was second to none. 
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »
Nice work guys  ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »
Good work andrew  ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to Andrew(beaky) & mike (homepin) for there efforts in re-building my Bally WPC Power driver board.

Andrew called over last night and fitted all the boards to my CFTBL, and it now runs as good as new.  $#$ just in time for xmas, thanks mate.

The passion members here have to help each other out to just bloody awesome. I've said it before AP is the best pinball site on the planet!!

Thanks again Andrew & Mike & MERRY XMAS 2011

Leon
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.