Author Topic: Beaky's Pinball Repairs  (Read 14823 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Beaky's Pinball Repairs
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 03:18:42 AM »
your welcome mate  ^^^

It just shows how important it is to replace the electrolytic capacitor on a wpc mpu board and the capacitor after the 5 volt regulator when replacing the bridge rectifiers and capacitors on the power driver board to rectify a resetting problem.

someone had replaced the cap and rectifier not long before leon bought his CFTBL to rectify a reset problem but failed to replace the 2 caps i mentioned above. A few months after Leon bought his machine the reset problem came back. That is why I insist my customers send me both the power driver board and the mpu board when they need a reset problem fixed.

This was the power driver board that had the totally burnt and butchered G.I. section. I designed a board layout that is mounted on to the power driver board and replaces the G.I. circuitry to over come this problem and sent the PCB file to Mike from Home Pin. Mike etched and routed the board to my layout, I then installed all the new components and fitted it to the damaged G.I. section.

Here is the original thread http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6321.0 
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Jango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »
Beaky was at my place yesterday to repin my Space Invaders, install the rebuilt boards that I'd sent him and work on some other very annoying general faults.  Beaky's knowledge of Pins and dedication to same is just jaw dropping.  He is like a dog with a bone when he see's a problem with a pin. 

I encourage anyone who needs board work done to utilise Beaky's services.  Personally - I cannot see myself using anyone else for any other pins that I purchase and if I lived in Brissy / Gold Coast I'd be getting him to service mine!  Thanks once again Andrew..

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
your welcome mate.

thanks for your hospitality, I came across some weird and wonderful faults in that machine but we got through it all in the end.

you have done a fantastic job with the restoration work, I will look great and play great when it is totally finished.

I was happy to come down from the Gold Coast to work on your machine,

hope to catch up again when I am in Melbourne again
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:35 PM »
Thanks again mate your the best! As always I can't put into words how good Andy's service is, if you need a tech he is the only choice for quality service. ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
Beaky was at my place yesterday to repin my Space Invaders, install the rebuilt boards that I'd sent him and work on some other very annoying general faults.  Beaky's knowledge of Pins and dedication to same is just jaw dropping.  He is like a dog with a bone when he see's a problem with a pin. 

I encourage anyone who needs board work done to utilise Beaky's services.  Personally - I cannot see myself using anyone else for any other pins that I purchase and if I lived in Brissy / Gold Coast I'd be getting him to service mine!  Thanks once again Andrew..

i hope you paid him accordingly, lol my only beef with beaky is he has trouble taking the money off you, i had to tip the guy to make the prices fair for him lol, he was to cheap imo

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »
thanks guys.  !@)
yeah I know I don't charge enough but most people through me extra $$ when they pay me.  $#$

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »
hey andrew, i talked to about doing up my menu for our shop a while ago, do you have a supplier for your vynal cutter? . need a tonne of white lettering and a little bit of pink lettering. when is a date that would suit you? cheers mate

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 02:58:53 AM »
I have a local supplier here on the Gold Coast who I get my Vinyl from.
I am playing Mr MOM and Nurse Beaky ATM, my wife had a knee replacement operation recently so I am doing all the womens work, taking the kids to and from school and my board repairs ATM.
Cavey has me booked from wednesday to saturday so we might have to make it for the next week end (first weekend in FEB) if thats ok?

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 03:38:51 AM »
I have a local supplier here on the Gold Coast who I get my Vinyl from.
I am playing Mr MOM and Nurse Beaky ATM, my wife had a knee replacement operation recently so I am doing all the womens work, taking the kids to and from school and my board repairs ATM.
Cavey has me booked from wednesday to saturday so we might have to make it for the next week end (first weekend in FEB) if thats ok?

when ever suits you mate im not in a complete rush for it,so you can do what you gotta do, im easy. hope your missus gets better soon

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 01:03:38 AM »
hey mate bad news, i have a machine that needs your hand to sort out, my space hawks machine decided to lock up mid game, it does it every second game, so i have some work for you lol

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 11:00:36 AM »
no probs mate. i will have a look at it when i am up there.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 06:49:09 PM »
Had the "beak man" over today fixing two machines,  did the job once again thanks mate

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2012, 01:18:45 AM »
Well jase

Beaky will get it sorted without blinking sent him a heap of Bally CPU that I just couldn't write off( prObably should have).  Andy never blinked "YEP I CAN FIX EM". And f**k me he did and worth every cent.

Some of the best repairers on this forum keep up the great work

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »
Good to know there are blokes like Beaky around if you ever need some help!

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »
thanks guys
always happy to help