Author Topic: Playfield insert wanted  (Read 1090 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Playfield insert wanted
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 01:39:11 PM »
Hi Lindsay

I had a crack at making a custom insert as it is a different design to the original but think it will fit in the theme of the bullseye effect.

I have not used my cnc machine in a while so had a few failures (trying to remember programming again) and the best I could do are what is pictured below:

Photo 1 - photo of the design graphic on the machine
Photo 2 - photo of the plastic starting to be cut
Photo 3 - shows of the inserts from underneath - has been sanded to give a semi cloud effect
Photo 4 - shows the inserts from top side which a clean smooth glossy finish.

I had a few issues with the waste board not being dead level and to level requires sheet machining which is a big job, so there is some every so slight thickness variance. Also because where the sheet of plastic is being held there is some slight difference in v groove surface finish due to slight vibration. In the 4th photo you will notice that this insert is a little more cloudly for the full v groove which I think is better for even ighting and this insert is 5.3 - 5.4mm thick but 62.2 - 62.9mm in dia.

The other insert which is a little clearer in the v groove is 5.0 - 5.1mm thick and 63.1 - 63.2mm in dia.

So with a little extra sand and / or glue for one or the other, either should be better than nothing.

Let me know if still interested and I can send both and you can pick select one and return the other so if someone else ever needs one I can send one to them.

cheers
Jady
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:14:53 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts