Author Topic: Bally POOL SHARKS 1990  (Read 2973 times)

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Bally POOL SHARKS 1990
« on: April 18, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »
Bally/Midway POOL SHARKS 1990 - 4 Player -

I.P.D.B Link
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=pool+sharks&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1848[/url

This is in my collection and has been restored.
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=7666.0

A interesting Pool Themed playfield that has 2 Flippers, 3 Pop Bumpers, Bank Drop Targets, Stationary Targets, Ramps and moving shark that talks. The Backglass has a mirrored section, a couple of Shark Head figures and two Busty Babes. Pool Sharks was the first game to offer two modes of play (8 ball or 9 ball). Other features include a plunger skill shot, Captive Ball Cue Stick that can award up to 2 million points, Hot Shot Alley jackpot for 4 million points, a multiple - value Power Shot that rewards everything from Extra Balls and Specials to increased point values, special Combination and Draw scoring and a 3 million point Trick Shot.

THE GAME PLAY

Two modes of play (8 ball or 9 ball) can be selected by the flippers before you shoot the first ball. Depending on the game selected, the rules change for which balls need to be spotted and in which order to trigger trick shots.  !@# Still working out the game rule set - will update later  !@#

RATING

Game play is very fast, really like the connecting ramps and there is plenty to shoot for - buildable jackpots and plenty of skill shots. Lots of flashing lights and a good array of speech and sounds. And of course, run by one of the best operating system (11C) in pinball.
Excellent entry level pinball for the first time pinball enthusiast. ENJOYABLE GAME.
Judge for yourself.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:53:42 PM by millsy »
pinballaustralia.com

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Bally POOL SHARKS 1990
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
Thanks for the nice write up

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Bally POOL SHARKS 1990
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 09:07:07 PM »
That's a nice looking game, I like the sound effects.