Author Topic: On / off switch  (Read 374 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
On / off switch
« on: January 25, 2009, 02:52:12 PM »
Hi guys,

I need to replace the on/off switch on my DE LAH.  The manual states it is p/n 180-5001-00.  I've done some searching but no luck...

Basically I had a bit of a moment today....Replacing the volume pot as the old one had died / intermittant issues.  Anyway, unplugged from the wall, cut out old one, soldered new pot in, heatshrinked etc...Powered machine up to test volume, turned off at switch under machine and got sidetracked (lunch I think!)...Anyway came back to machine and I had to move the silver box which vol pot sits in,  The plug has broken away (the thread bit), BUT has then proceeded to ground out on the metal box I was holding...Needless to say I wont make that mistake again!  Ouch.   ^&^

So, machine is fine, but I dont want the plug sitting loosly in the hole as it could happen again...

If anyone knows where I can get the correct switch from I would appreciate it...

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Re: On / off switch
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »
Mate,

Any switch will do from jaycar etc so long as it fits - just rate it to 250V 20A - more than enough power rating than youd ever need

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »

As Gavin stated -

In addition - Pinball Resource has NOS GTB switches, but your best bet might be MarkC as he has a parted out Jurassic Park.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 03:35:53 PM »
Mate,

Any switch will do from jaycar etc so long as it fits - just rate it to 250V 20A - more than enough power rating than youd ever need

As Gavin stated -

In addition - Pinball Resource has NOS GTB switches, but your best bet might be MarkC as he has a parted out Jurassic Park.

Thanks guys...I'll have a look re Jaycar, although I've got a sonarplus catalogue at home now, which seem to be a bit cheaper.  Just wanted to make sure the right specs..If Mark comes on here later I'll ask him too....

Dont really want to leave another blood trail to the powerpoint!

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:03:33 PM »
Managed to locate a new switch eventually...Went down to Marks and spoke with his knowledgeable techs....The one from his parted LAH was no good....

My local electrical shop had the perfect switch - a 4 post DP/ST 250v 15amp switch...Once I opened the packet the switch has on it 20a so perfect swap...All in and working good.   $#$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »
Managed to locate a new switch eventually...Went down to Marks and spoke with his knowledgeable techs....The one from his parted LAH was no good....

My local electrical shop had the perfect switch - a 4 post DP/ST 250v 15amp switch...Once I opened the packet the switch has on it 20a so perfect swap...All in and working good.   $#$

Great stuff - Too easy.

Marks Techs are A1.

Mark can't change a globe  %.%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
Lets hope he can change his mind though and offer me the SS for a good price ( or do i hold off for the next Shipment) - gee Mark - you should be called Capt Temptation!