Author Topic: DO U AGREE ! PINBALL DOUBLES OF THE SAME TITLE OR NOT ?  (Read 521 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
DO U AGREE ! PINBALL DOUBLES OF THE SAME TITLE OR NOT ?
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »
A different topic which may not have been asked or raised before.  !@#

Would you buy 2 x of the same title to keep in your collection. ? I am not talking about buying 2 x machines to make 1 x good one, i am talking about going out and buying
2 x of the same title in excellent condition and keeping both permanently just because u can !  or buying 2 x excellent container pins, doing them both up to a really nice standard and again, keeping 2 x of them in your collection permanently. I ended up with a few of each because i just couldnt say no when the game was re-offered to me when i was trawling thru machines for sale.

* I purchased 2 x Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash Pinballs - because they are rare and hard to find, and I am a sucker for cartoon characters.
* I purchased 2 x Star Trek Next Generation Widebody's cause I am a huge Star Trek fan.
* I purchased 2 x Data East Star Trek 25th Anniversary pins, again, being a Star Trek nut.
* I purchased 2 x Last Action Hero's - my brother changed his mind so i kept the second one cause it was cheap.

One benefit, of having 2 x of the same title, is it makes trouble shooting easy, it looks good ofcourse if u want to be a bit of a show off, but the best realistic benefit, is u can get a mate over, and play the 2 x machines side by side and sort of have a competition.

Does anyone else have a few of the same game because u somehow ended up with a couple because of some funny circumstance or because u planned it.

I note, a few members have doubles of machines photo'd for their Avatar pictures, Guns n Roses, Circus Voltair etc come to mind.  ^^^

Any one else a double machine collector ?  !@#  ^^^ ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
For me, no.

One machine of the same title is enough.  However for a grail pin, I can understand buying a parts / wreck machine for a donor if required.  Other than that I cannot see any reason too.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Now, before anyone jumps up saying what about my avatar....

One CV is mine (left machine) and the one on the right is a machine I've just finished for someone with well over 60 hrs put into it.  Why take the photo - just because I can and they look so cool side by side.  Also how many times do you get to see two nice CV's in the one room!

However Brett, I do agree having the same machine side by side does make re-assembly a lot easier and quicker.

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
I would only ever consider 2 to make 1 good one,just dont have the room....

trying very hard to justify to the missus to make room for a future 4th machine........
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Would love to know if anyone has linked 2 x NBA Fastbreaks together.
SC.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Hmm, I guess if you had the cash you can make that choice.

But I wouldn't, I enjoy variety too much!

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
I don't get why you'd want 2 of the same machine . 
Plus for most of us space is at a premium , not to mention tying up $$ that could be spent on something else.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Now, before anyone jumps up saying what about my avatar....

One CV is mine (left machine) and the one on the right is a machine I've just finished for someone with well over 60 hrs put into it.  Why take the photo - just because I can and they look so cool side by side.  Also how many times do you get to see two nice CV's in the one room!

However Brett, I do agree having the same machine side by side does make re-assembly a lot easier and quicker.

Now that does look nice.. must admit... but oh boy that factory standard neon is kinda boring.... reckon you need one of my Tri colours... or maybe an orange/ green transition colour neon???.... then again.... new purple... maybe HOT red??

cough........ i have a few of these

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I have 2 Joker Pokers, but that because I couldn't bring myself to take the first one back off a mate who bay sat it for me when I was out of space. But aside from one unusual situation, can't see the sense in it when there are 1,000s of games out there offering something different.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:

Prince,
I have a friend in QLD who just imported 2 x NBA Fastbreaks from overseas (amongst other machines) and he reckons that they are so hard to sell that he wants to part them out.  !@#    They both look in excellent condition to me, so if anyone out there incl you Prince is interested in a NBA Fastbreak, let me know via a PM.

Also, what would happen if u linked 2 x Fast Breaks together ? Is it like a tournament sort of thing ? Never heard of that before. I also liked the look of these machines.
I have never played one, so now that u mention it, I will go and have a game on one of the NBA Fastbreak machines. Might send u a PM of the results.  ^^^

It seems so far no-one else really sees the benefit of having 2 x of the same machine. I guess I was also looking to the long term, thinking that in ten or more years time, it might be impossible to buy another machine that wouldnt cost a arm and a leg given the huge resurgence of pinballs in Australia, and i reckon the stocks have to run out sooner or later. Another consideration is that machines are wearing out year by year, and not all titles have repro playfields avail etc. ? It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a few doubles sitting around in a collection. I am pretty sure Nino might have given his large stockpile of great pins.  !@# ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Who am I to judge?

If somebody wants 2 or 3 or more of a particular game, fine by me

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au

I've only ever played 1 Linked set in AU and that was years ago at Wayne's.
(as far as I know- not all the NBA were linkable)

NBA is a ok game   but 2  linked to gether = a great amount of Fun when you can play against some else in real time  - that puts you under the pump

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:22:05 PM by Greg »
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I have no idea why anyone would want to  !@#
Why not take the best parts from both machines to make the best you can then sell the other one?
Unless it is extremely rare and in storage or NIB and you are trying to make some money from it.  I can't see the point.
You only have one pair of arms and can only play one at a time  *!@
As for a competition, other than NBA which would be cool to play head to head, why not play 2up on the same machine, more fun watching each other playing, and individual machines of the same title often play very differently so not a true competition anyway unless you use the same machine.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
Brett, i had to think about what i wrote last night - me thinking it was another pinball dream of mine. Though, i pretty sure i read it somewhere and once i got home from renovations today, found it on Pinside's website.

Like Greg had mentioned, you would then compete each other in a timed game of basket pinball - how cool!! Let us know what it's like.
I've never seen or played one and what would one sell for?? $1100 x 2 = not bad double setup. Just make sure one's wearing the home & away decals.

Stephen.

SC.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

When I was HUNTING for a Fathom machine and I could not find one, I knew that I'd just buy as many as I can and then "keep them". Don't know why, but I just wanted multiple Fathoms. I've got three now. I can't really explain it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia