Author Topic: Qld rego sux the big one  (Read 572 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Qld rego sux the big one
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:34:40 AM »
Its that time of year again to pay bloody rego, 4 cars all with in 2 months,
first one is for a car i havent driven in 2 years, cant let expire as it wont pass roadworthy with mods that were once ok when i did them that now have changed with laws over the last 2 or so years that would stop this car being passed again.
decided this would be a good excuse to go out and work on it so i can start driving it and enjoy again and get value for the rego i pay.
other than starting it up a few times a month had completely forgotten what i needed to do to it, pushed it out of the carport to do work on, i replaced one of the two fuel pumps as the fuel in it went off and seized it long enough to burn it out,when trying to start it and prime the engine with new fuel, relay got stuck so the second fuel pump wouldnt work, replaced that then the second fuel pump was sticky so i didnt want to let what happened with the first pump so i cleaned that out, all sweet and running fine, WOOWWAAAA headers glowing red, wtf, Plug ecu into computer to find stupid o2 sensor dead. ok engine running really rich and burning excess gas inside the headers, and f##k she was red, hmmm now i regret being so bloody lazy, so much for me thinking ill spend a day giving it a go over and then go for a drive at the end of the day. so back to paying rego, i just got a get my arse into gear and fix these few things and send it off to the tuners, and it wasnt till after all this i remembered why the car hasn't been touched. its still only half tuned as the gearbox blew up on the dyno about two years ago, i rebuilt the gear box ran out of cash, when i got cash forgot about it and haven't taken it back to finish the tuning.  im gonna get my arse into gear and do this before i forget about it again and have to go through all this crap again,this is the problem with having a crap memory on a long term project you forget what you did or didnt do, but anyways $805 a year this thing cost in rego being a 6 banger, thats a pinball machine right there lol. I dont know what other states charge for rego?, but this isnt even the worst, my v8's rego is about a $1000 a year, crazy
what is the rego for other states? is it as bad as Qld's? or worse? these govs make it hard to have leisure cars or project cars
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:37:29 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Qld rego sux the big one
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:53:15 AM »
Around $660 here in Victoria.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:19:14 AM »
Just pay 6mths reg on two of them and get the due dates staged to different times of the year.

My RX8 is the cheapest rego of all cars in QLD at $630.45 - probably 'cause some dope at Dept of transport thinks it's a 1300cc  &&

Even my dual cab coutier ute is only $693.45

Good time to kick the V8 habit I suspect.......
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:36:05 AM »

Oh that wont happen lol

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »

Oh that wont happen lol

Wankels are far superior anyway - 3 moving parts, how can that be bad!  $#$
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »

Oh that wont happen lol

Wankels are far superior anyway - 3 moving parts, how can that be bad!  $#$
Ill dodge that question i think, i dont want to Hurt feelings  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 11:57:29 AM »
Rego on my ute is $490 reg on the wife's mirage is $550.   Our roads are so shit it's not funny driving on queenslad roads is like driving on a cloud I'm guessing that's where all that money goes from u guys regos

So Jason what's the car snapping headboxes on the dyno sounds very promising ^^^

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 12:29:42 PM »
Rego on my ute is $490 reg on the wife's mirage is $550.   Our roads are so shit it's not funny driving on queenslad roads is like driving on a cloud I'm guessing that's where all that money goes from u guys regos

So Jason what's the car snapping headboxes on the dyno sounds very promising ^^^

I think it depends which qld roads you talk about, lol

the car blowing up the gear box on the dyno isnt because it was given a trashing. was just during a dyno tune, as i built a custom fuel injection system with all after market ecu on what was originally a carby engine,
I had a stall converter let go about 6months before hand on my c4 box when it was my previous carby engine, I took the box into a person who i would now call less than repuitable to pull the box down and clean out the bits of Converter from the box, the SOB took all the good bits out of my box and replaced it with shit. the box was rated around 600hp when i first got it built so it would last. 6months later whilst never used since the converter blew up i built a new engine with fuel injection, i put it in for a dyno tune, and half way through tuning the friggin thing let go.  when i stripped it down finding my shift kit and all my full manual vavle bodies and billet servo was replaced with old worn stock parts. so then had to rebuild the entire thing spend the big money again at another shop to rebuild it, in other words i got ripped off,I have also wondered if the guy just swapped my box for one of his crap stocker, and this cost me a hell of allot of money and stress, and left me paying rego on a car im not enjoying. i would love to say i blew the c4 up when i was pulling some crazy number, but the truth is dodgy gear box and i wouldnt know what numbers this thing can do because i never got that far into getting the new ecu tuned.
But ill get this thing hopefully back on the road, seeing its at running stage again i gotta get my arse into gear and get the tow  truck to pick it up and drop it into the dyno so its drivable again. but it wont be much of a driving car i made the thing for the straight line, and im not that interested in racing these days as ive sort of grown out of that, but it will make a good headturner and weekend car where it makes lots of noise and barely idles. shithouse to drive but you feel good being in it. and it is my favorite car

Ps if my rego was $400 i wou8ld buy a few more cars and still pay the same rego i am now. one can only dream, or maby i move to another state lol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:31:14 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »
Come on Jason stop teasing me what's it in???   It's got a c4 so it's a ford built to race so I'm guessing it's small???   Im guessing either a v6 Capri or a cortina

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
Come on Jason stop teasing me what's it in???   It's got a c4 so it's a ford built to race so I'm guessing it's small???   Im guessing either a v6 Capri or a cortina

nah i hate small cars

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »
You tease ^&^

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »

nah i hate small cars

actually ill take part of that back, I would like to buy an rs2000, that would be a really cool car to cruise in. i might get one when im old. lol

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 01:41:24 PM »
In WA we have 2 options depending on wether car is for private use or commercial use.

1987 Ford Laser is $400 a year for private use.
1976 Holden HJ ute V8 is $475 a year private use or $556 for a year commercial use.

I whinge and bitch about it every time rego papers come but it seems to be quite a bit cheaper than you guys in the East. I shall complain no more *%*

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »
In WA we have 2 options depending on wether car is for private use or commercial use.

1987 Ford Laser is $400 a year for private use.
1976 Holden HJ ute V8 is $475 a year private use or $556 for a year commercial use.

I whinge and bitch about it every time rego papers come but it seems to be quite a bit cheaper than you guys in the East. I shall complain no more *%*

so unlike qld you guys get charged on commercial or Private?

in qld its done on the amount of cylanders, and us v8 owners get raped by rego

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »
Rego sux, we have 5 to pay used to be six, my torana, which I hardly ever drive, pains me to pay $500 a year for nothing, my wifes Torana, the family Commodore, my dirtbike and my wifes road bike, which also hardly gets used  @.@
I used to have a road bike too but got rid of that before I killed myself, or lost my license  *)*

Was thinking the authoritys should issue every license holder with one set of plates for their particular license number then have holders on each vehicle you own and just slip the plates into the vehicle you want to drive at that time. 

You can only physically drive one at a time so why pay so many regos?

I know it will never happen as the states rely now too heavily on the money but it would be nice