Author Topic: Moving on to Solonoid Driver Board  (Read 5662 times)

Offline deep six

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle NSW
    • ATC Heaven
Re: Moving on to Solonoid Driver Board
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 05:23:09 PM »
Having fun and games this time around. The RCD unit on our meter box is very touchy and keeps tripping every time I start up Galaxy.
managed to boot the game up and watch as a coil stuck on. Clipped off the power wires to that one and tried again, starting to run out of fuses so tried my 3 amp circuit breaker, booted up machine again and tripped the RCD once more.
Family is starting to get the shits with me as I keep interrupting their tv program.
Thought I would sit back and contemplate for a while. What has got me thinking is why is the coil locking on when it tests out at 11 ohms, must be something in the driver board but the thing is I tested all the transistors and they are within specs. Is there something else I'm missing here??
Maybe I should just go ahead and change the transistors since I have a bag of them here anyway.
Another thing that is weird is the small individual coils on the drop target set test out at around 150 ohms, I know that under 3 ohms is bad but what does it mean when they measure over 150ohms???

Cheers again for all your input
"Wanted" Snappy signature, please insert here......