Author Topic: Moving on to Solonoid Driver Board  (Read 5683 times)

Offline deep six

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle NSW
    • ATC Heaven
Re: Moving on to Solonoid Driver Board
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 03:37:27 PM »
Back and forwards this weekend, spent most of today tracing a shorted wire in my Suzuki Vitara, didn't find the short but unplugging the loom and fixed it that way, got transmission fluid all over my nice white T short after crawling under wifes Trans Am trying to fix an oil leak, I think these cars come with factory oil leaks.

Now back to galaxy, put a new fuse in the under playfield holder, didn't trip the RCD this time, pretty sure there is something wrong with the RCD in our fuse box, it seems to trip indiscriminately. no real trigger, the other day it went out when I was half way through a print job which is somewhat annoying.

Anyway, back to galaxy, put a new fuse in, plugged it into mains, carefully watched under playfield to see whats up, it almost seems as if every coil is trying to fire at once, its hard to say as the fuse blows pretty quick but there is definetely multiple coils fireing, and I have already clipped the power wire to two coils.

Might be what Ken said about the CA3081, but at this stage I don't know what that means, quick trip to Pin wiki might be enlightening,

Looking at what Nino says, just trying to get my head around this, isn't the relay on the transformer board just to power the lighting during diagnostics??

Will pull the connectors off at J1, J2 and J5, see if I can find another fuse and work back from there.

Thanks guys, must be frustrating trying to educate me, I really appreciate your efforts.

Cheers

"Wanted" Snappy signature, please insert here......