Author Topic: Nice Timewarp on Ebay  (Read 324 times)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Nice Timewarp on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:33:32 AM »
Backglass looks good (which is a rarity for this game).
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:13:29 AM »
...No couriers...

...Priced for a quick sale as we are moving.... $1500.

With no interstate bids... $1500 isnt priced for a quick sale.... $1000 - possible $1200 will see this sell quickly

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
This one is a few kms away from me, is it any good to play?, and I did think $1500 was a bit rich and is it standard for this game to have the banana flippers?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 11:39:22 AM »
This one is a few kms away from me, is it any good to play?, and I did think $1500 was a bit rich and is it standard for this game to have the banana flippers?

I agree with Gav re the pricing.

Half the games shipped with banana flippers. I've tried both, and went back to the BFs because they are zany and make for stupid ball speeds!! Makes it different to other games of the era.

Pretty fun to play, lots of drop targets well placed to make shots risky (to inlane ball drains), and the right special shot is terrific fun to make. Easy to get big scores by concentrating on bonus and regularly collecting during your ball. Because of that it was a favorite of ours back in the wagging school days - we'd be able to get an afternoon out of 20 cents back then, three games on score and three on high score would set us up for the afternoon!! I like mine, mostly for its nostalgic value.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline deadlydave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
I've got some good memories of Time Warp in my youth as well. Only played the BF type and it was a favorite. From the pics the BG does look good, if it was close by I would be very tempted, a year ago $1500 would have been
snapped up, I agree it's close to top dollar in today's market, but if the pics are accurate on condition then I reckon $1500 is ok for a tidy example of this game.

Cheers
Dave

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 10:05:16 PM »
Sold?