Author Topic: U.S. MAIL TAKES FOREVER TO DELIVER MY ORDER  (Read 984 times)

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
Re: U.S. MAIL TAKES FOREVER TO DELIVER MY ORDER
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 11:38:54 PM »
I have been waiting 4 weeks for a parcel from Deals Extreme (Hong Kong)
Turns out it was sent a week late...
I'm hoping it gets here by friday...
Theres things i need for this weekend in there!
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 01:12:53 AM »
I have 45 days to lodge a paypal dispute.
I will wait until tomorrow before I lodge a dispute.

Other than some 5 volt regs and fuse holders I can get every thing else over night locally and my local supplier is now price matching 95% of the components with same quality or better quality parts.

If my local supplier can't ship it overnight I am given a date when it will arrive (2 to 5 days, depending on what country it has to come from) and it arrives on the  stated date like clock work.

I am just not happy that Great plains wont even make an enquire about the parcel. I was told by great plains to check with my local post office, when I asked aus post they told me that the sender needs to enquire with U.S. mail.

A few weeks ago I ordered a new de-soldering station from the UK. I paid $35 for the shipping (5kg) I ordered it on a Thursday and i arrived on the Monday. Now thats fast.

Since June I have gone through just over $1000 worth  of electronic components so It's not worth while playing the waiting game.

As far as i am concerned the only time I will ever order something that has to be sent via U.S. mail is because I cant get it locally.

I have a business to  run and i can't afford to play she loves me, she loves me not with a postal service.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:16:58 AM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »
Mate... there are some real issues with international postal service that i have found also.
1 is the time it takes for a delivery... can be pretty fast or will take bloody weeks... there seems to be no middle ground.
The other issue i have which happened to a set of stencils bound for Canada.
I sent the item with tracking with the expectation that it would be tracked... not so.
Item had not arrived some 4 weeks later and i was getting irrate emails from the buyer accusing me of stealing his money and not sending anything.
I emailed and told him that postal service had tracking and that the parcel could be tracked to wherever it was ( you pay extra for this).
Unfortunately, this is not quite the case... parcel is ONLY tracked to Australian port or shipping depot... once in the air, all tracking is off... all they could tell me was that item landed in Canada some weeks prior... its location now???....CANADA OF COURSE!!!
Apparently, when you buy tracking this end.. its just for that... tracking this end.
I then received angry emails from the purchaser... "i cant believe you would send a $150CA item with such bad tracking and insurance.. what sort of business are you etc etc etc".. you get the idea!.

In the end... i told customer that i would recut the stencils and send VIA COURIER at my own expense and then when the allotted 3 months ( or whatever the ridiculous time period was), i would get SOME of my money back with the AUS POST insurance claim.

I then got an email back.... stencils arrived finally..... took Canada post 2 months to deliver... happy with them.. thanks very much!

Since then, ive insisted that all stencils get posted with FULL tracking and sign delivery.... Result? Price blew out and with high Aus$... stencils OS are now expensive!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »

Ed is a great guy, and unfortunately, he is too busy to fly over and hand deliver each international order for everyone  @@^

It is a postal service and it is relying on several services all running efficiently and sellers have no control over international and local postal services. Whinge and carry on and then he will cease sending anything to Australia. One of the reasons he specified mandatory insurance is because of dishonest international buyers.

It is not my place to to advise anyone how to manage their ordering, but I've always found that if you keep a stock of common parts in abundance, you seldom fall into this trap of waiting for parts and relying on each and every hour passing..

As far as my experience is concerned, I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts and never had an issue that was not resolved. If a package goes missing, blame the system (insurance company in this instance), not the seller. Remember, a seller can ban you from buying parts from them if you decide to vent your frustration on them.

Cooler heads must prevail..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:33 AM »
'most' of the delivery issues are with US deliveries - sending and receiving. I reckon it's the over-zealousness of the U.S. Govt having to check every parcel for BOMBS - OOPS, don't mention that word...........

Gav, your problem was probably related to the postal strike in Canada???

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »
'most' of the delivery issues are with US deliveries - sending and receiving. I reckon it's the over-zealousness of the U.S. Govt having to check every parcel for BOMBS - OOPS, don't mention that word...........

Gav, your problem was probably related to the postal strike in Canada???

Mike - this was a "real" issue at the start of this year. A friend of mine works in Customs and told me that there was a "security" issue in the US that forced more thorough inspection on imports. More time was spend processing imports than exports, so there were delays.

On a side note - for those that think that insured or registered mail is quicker that regular mail from Australia to the USA - think again. A "regular" international post letter takes around 7-10 working days, and a "Registered" and "insured" envelope can take up to 5 weeks ! Aussie Post won't tell you that before you send. 

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:21 AM »
Parts (Steppers) still haven't arrived.

Any thing I should know about putting a claim in.  Or is it straight forward?

Thanks,
Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Mate I know what you're saying but I've had stuff take 2 weeks from locals. I even posted an eBay sale to qld and it took nearly 3 weeks an this wasn't the only time it happened. Don't know why from melb to qld takes so long
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 12:32:02 AM »

Interestingly enough. I placed a large order with Marco, and according to the USPS "Track and Confirm" is has been stuck in Miami for over a week. Others that place orders like myself have reported the same.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »
Parts finally turned up.
The extra patients payed off.
I will only order what I can't get from my local suppliers from now on. (Because of U.S. post, not because of Great Plains)

I have that many different parts in stock which I constantly use It becomes a bit to costly to keep a months worth of stock for all my common components. It's easier to get them in over night when I am getting low.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 07:39:54 PM »
My Steppers arrived on Friday.

Regs,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 08:57:05 PM »

we are finding at the moment 4 weeks  in the norm , but then once parcel will turn up after a week
we ordered some boards from usa and took 6 weeks ....  then next item from same person took 2 weeks
both had date stamps on them and sent when they should have been

mark

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 10:30:05 AM »

USPS have informed that there is a backlog out of the USA that may delay shipments up to 4 weeks. My order that was processed in late August arrived yesterday. Usually takes 7-10 working days.