Author Topic: euro trash  (Read 3787 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
euro trash
« on: September 15, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »
. @@^ euro trash euro trash euro trash @@^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: euro trash
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:25:24 PM »
Now what have you gotten yourself into mate?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »

One man's "Euro Trash" is another man's Treasure.

"Due diligence" is the key word here. It has worked VERY well for me so far and I hope it will continue  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »

"Due diligence" is the key word here.

Well said Nino (well, aside from "Due diligence" actually being the two key words  !^!)

Sometimes we forget all of these things are old, second (or tenth hand) ex-commercial equipment and need to be looked at and played and opened up. I have a **beautiful** FH that is no doubt ex-Euro (but from the early days before the barrel bottom started to be the only thing these "dealers" could find). Same for the much-missed Stargate I sold a while back, again an early period Euro import that was in gorgeous condition.

True, there's rubbish aplenty due both to the amateur imports and also the ever decreasing dealer quality, but that's what our eyes and ears and hands are there for.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:38:45 PM »

Very true Nick - All my current restores are from Europe, and there's plenty more coming  #@# - not all machines from there are rubbish. Many machines from Europe are being saved from being parted out and destroyed. you just need to be able to separate the lemons from the gold - just like any other commodity.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:39:14 PM »
A friend of mine who is very cluey, just went to Japan after the crap time the japaneese economy has had, and he bought 2 x containers of immaculate japaneese machines. All high end. It was smart of him to approach operators who needed cash and he did EXCEPTIONALLY well.

Europe is only one market to scource from, USA still has lots of good stuff as well.

I am told from my importer mate there is still ALOT of A grade stuff in Europe but alot of the Aussie buyers still want to pay peanuts per machine. Pull out more cash and the better condtion titles and machines magically appear. Still alot of good stock out there if u are cashed up. Importing is too painful for me, but worthwhile for many still.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 11:47:43 PM »
A friend of mine who is very cluey, just went to Japan after the crap time the japaneese economy has had, and he bought 2 x containers of immaculate japaneese machines. All high end. It was smart of him to approach operators who needed cash and he did EXCEPTIONALLY well.

Europe is only one market to scource from, USA still has lots of good stuff as well.

I am told from my importer mate there is still ALOT of A grade stuff in Europe but alot of the Aussie buyers still want to pay peanuts per machine. Pull out more cash and the better condtion titles and machines magically appear. Still alot of good stock out there if u are cashed up. Importing is too painful for me, but worthwhile for many still.  ^^^

Too true... too true.
We are sold crap machines cos we keep buying them. Dealers will continue to bring in bucket games that cost bugger all cos buyers continue to pay just under what a good example is valued at.
 If you dont like them then dont buy them!

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »
dad, :lol stop trying to cause problems %.%
do your dr who flippers work? they did last weekend!
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
i have two euro machines, one is bloody great, needed bit of work and has been awesome since, the other well its a pile, but paid bugger all for it. you buy these things as a gamble and esp projects or entry level into pinballs its the way to go, Mine were sold to me as working projects, and was well aware work was needed,i could have bought these same machine recoed from the seller if i wanted to but then i would have been paying more and wouldnt learn anything, so i bought them at the working project stage before money was spent on it. i very much doubt buying a Aussie, usa or any country machine at the condition i bought my machines at would have been any better.
it would be like finding a old car you want to do up and crying because it isnt driving like new. i would be prety certain you could buy crap from any country just happens to be Euro crap is cheaper lol.
would i buy a euro machine again? yes, seems to be tonnes around and the choice of machines in working project condition is more than Aussie machines @ entry level price.

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
If it wasn't for the eurotrash a lot of guys wouldn't be able to afford to collect pinball machines.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 03:44:40 PM »
If it wasn't for the eurotrash a lot of guys wouldn't be able to afford to collect pinball machines.

That's true for sure too.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Damien

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
there is some crap from the usa too..

europe games are sometimes less molested than usa or aussie games..

some games ive had.. nothing works and they have never been cleaned.. a good tidy up and they are lovely..
but then again some are a complete mess

Offline oldboy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »
They definitely make pinballs affordable.
But it seems that some of their Operators are more innovative than bush mechanics to keep them going.
However finding and fixing these "fixes" is all part of the fun.

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »
They definitely make pinballs affordable.
But it seems that some of their Operators are more innovative than bush mechanics to keep them going.
However finding and fixing these "fixes" is all part of the fun.

My Williams Jungle Lord came fitted with Gottlieb flipper mechs

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »
my fliptronics dr who came with modified non-fliptronics.opto's missing,taped up or missing eos switches, ^.^ f..k knows what else has been done.still trying to figure it out. ^.^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you