Author Topic: Are there ever any pinball comps or play sessions in Melbourne???  (Read 374 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Are there ever any pinball comps or play sessions in Melbourne???
« on: September 18, 2011, 07:15:58 PM »
Been reading up on Brett's pinball comp in QLD. Sounds like an awsome idea. Would love to attend a Melbourne equvilent...has anyone ever heard of or attended one down here?
Have heard of the play nights at bumper action might give that a go, but a night for members from this sight would be more appealing and a great way to meet a few of the site members and make a some new mates with a love for the game.
Would be happy to offer up my place but with only 3 machines might be a bit lame.
Cheers
Tim

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I will hold my QLD Pinball Comp on the 1st October being a satday Arvo 5pm etc.
After we share the photos of the pinball night and the Trophy's etc etc on the forum via posts etc, It will be up to the Melbourne guys to try n organise a night.  ^^^
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:30:56 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
....., It will be up to the Melbourne guys to try n organise a night.  ^^^

Or the Boys from Geelong

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
Geelong and Melbourne might have to join forces. Geelong is less than an hour from my place.

Offline Damien

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:

too hard in melbourne

to many people dont like each other..

sad really

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
there was one last year here in melb, they also had 3 machines , other members brought there machines along to the meet. so it can be donewith only a few machines!

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
markc has hosted a few but if there aren't enough working machines on the floor, then it is difficult to host one. Last time I dragged my Cactus Jack's along and other people brought along a machine or two as well to fill out the experience.

There is no reason we can't have one in Melbourne, just need someone to put their hand up to host it...

We had talked about mini-meets for those of us with less machines but I need to fix mine up before that will happen. I tend to desert the shed in winter.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Melbourne has many collectors that are not forum based. Most of the big collectors keep to themselves, for no apparant reason. You will find many "pockets" of collectors that hold "mini meets" of their own with just a few attendees. Melbourne is strange with regards to meets, and it has been like this for 20 years or more.  I think there are more collectors in Victoria, but they keep to themselves.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:

Melbourne has many collectors that are not forum based. Most of the big collectors keep to themselves, for no apparant reason. You will find many "pockets" of collectors that hold "mini meets" of their own with just a few attendees. Melbourne is strange with regards to meets, and it has been like this for 20 years or more.  I think there are more collectors in Victoria, but they keep to themselves.
You are right Nino, heaps of collectors in Melbourne. I speak to many on a daily basis, most unaware of the forums.

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
very true, I've been to 4  Melbourne meets and 1 Mini Geelong meet this year.
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia