Author Topic: Captain Fantastic  (Read 558 times)

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Captain Fantastic
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:29:34 AM »
Picked up a cheap (I think) one in the states and it finally arrived on Friday and was a bit worried about the condition it would be in.Only paid five hundred and only got it because i have a spare  NOS playfield and backglass so it was worth the risk.Never played one and the one locally seam to be a bit price for me.

Well the overall condition surprised me, as the backglass looks like no flaking and playfield only got minimal wear around a couple of inserts.The only thing that worries me as being my first EM is i never seen so many bloody contacts.The machine came with the playfield lights going off and on as it only problem but i would expect their to be some more somewhere.

Overall happy with it and cant wait to sort out the power to have a game.Left the bloody memory stick at with the photo so will post them later.

Get ready for the dumb questions with all these bloody contacts, it looks like a mine field.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Re: Captain Fantastic
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »
some pictures

Offline pinballjunkie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:41:32 PM »
Great Machine, I owned one about 15 years ago and regret selling it. Are they expensive (pinballs) to bring in from the states.

Offline oldboy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »
Excellent buying looks in fantastic condition.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »

That's a really tidy game, Craig. Well done on adding such a classic game to your collection.

It will probably need a good clean and these games often "fix themselves" if you play a few games on it. But post any questions if things start to play up.

Thanks for sharing the photos - I'd like to add a Captain Fantastic and an Air Aces to my collection. I love my Bally EMs !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 10:55:54 AM »
Great Machine, I owned one about 15 years ago and regret selling it. Are they expensive (pinballs) to bring in from the states.

For me, not really that expensive as i try and source my pinball from around where the sea container depo is and most times the guys will drop it of for free or charge me fifty bucks.It better when sometime you can get free freight in the USA, so from the transport cost in the USA is minimal.Machine will get loaded into container with all the other goodies and then it just a waiting game.Cost to me 250.00 to put it in there and just got to pay customs/gst when it arrives.The best thing is that see DOES all the paper work for me. *%*

Done about 6 so far and had no problems at all.Machines have been bought with only photo and touch wood no problem at all.Sometime they are in better condition to what i am expecting.

That's a really tidy game, Craig. Well done on adding such a classic game to your collection.

It will probably need a good clean and these games often "fix themselves" if you play a few games on it. But post any questions if things start to play up.

Thanks for sharing the photos - I'd like to add a Captain Fantastic and an Air Aces to my collection. I love my Bally EMs !

Yes happy with the condition and starting to get a bit of love for the old classic games. Haven't turned it on yet to see what working and what not but the hole unit looks very clean so hopefully not to much work.Will look good when i can get them all lined up together.

Next on the list is a cheap Rocky i hope. *%*

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »
AWESOME machine... one of the greats and a bloody good pick up at that price.
I have one waiting in the wings for a restore... and i also need a backglass, so if you have one spare and willing to sell, id love to buy!

Congrats... my "ultimate" machine

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
Congrats, nice score  ^^^

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 06:27:09 PM »
Finally got to put my step down transformer in to fire her up and see how many problems i get but got a pleasant surprise as only a couple of blown globes thank god as would no where to start.

I am quite happy with this machine as never play one before and never played EM that much as well.Just like all the chimes sound going of as the last one a had(Mata Hari) was tame compared to CF.

Offline pulstar

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »
Condition Looks great from the pictures!...  Damn there's a lot of wires in these older machines... luckily it doesn't have many issues. Good pickup I reacon !!

I like the idea of importing these machines.... will have to investigate this further.... what company do you use?

Offline Bayview

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »
Top pickup. Certainly at the right price.
If you don't mind me asking. How much for Customs etc.?
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »
wow that looks great    $#$ I have never played one   but i would sure  like to   I think we should all have at least 1 em in our line ups   well done

Offline Bayview

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »
I think it should be compulsory that you have 5 EM's in your line up. %.% %.% *%*
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
Mate, if costing close to a grand all up you still have yourself a great pickup. I have recently purchased a CF for 3K which I was happy to pay as I have always wanted the title. Well done !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »
$1K here will buy you a rough project CF... thats what mine cost me... needs new header and BG.... once again... GREAT  pick up