Author Topic: Acquired some Projects!  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
Acquired some Projects!
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Hi guys,

Mentioned a few weeks ago in a thread asking about a Gottlieb 2001 that I may have been picking up some projects on a bulk deal.

I heard that a guy just down the road was selling some jukeboxes, and had a couple of arcade cabs he also wanted to get rid of. To cut a long story short, found out he was an ex operator and went out and had a look at what he had.

• Seeburg SL100 "Carnival" Jukebox full of 45's and with the remote volume control
  • Seeburg SPS2 "Matador" Jukebox half full of 45's and with the remote volume control
  • Gottlieb 2001 EM
  • 7 Generic Arcade Cabs in various states (3 complete, couple missing monitors and a couple in pieces)
  • Boxes and boxes of parts, including pinball boards, arcade PCB's, power supplies, control panels, EPROM burner and a pile of ROMS, etc etc.

At the time I was only interested in one of the jukes and maybe an arcade cab or two, but he offered me the lot at a price I couldn't refuse, quick call to the chief of finance and the haul was underway!

Here's some pic's once we got them into my mates shed, no pics of the ute and trailer full unfortunately!

Seeburg SL100 "Carnival"

Seeburg SPS2 "Matador"

Cabs

2001 EM

After giving the playfield a quick wipe down with Nifti

It's all a bit overwhelming at the moment! But have got one of the cabs running after wiring up a new jamma harness to new buttons and joystick, and throwing in a 60in1. This was more for my mates sake so he could play it and see some benefit of me having half his shed full! Also got the "Carnival" playing records yesterday, but only by fooling it into something had been selected. Ordered a few jamma harness', buttons and joysticks, manuals for the jukes and some other bits and pieces.

2001 came with the schematic and installation procedures manual which was handy, although I'll probably need some help with some parts numbers before I place an order with PBR. Coin door and shooter assembly come to mind, but will also replace legs, pop bumpers, posts, flippers and the white and bullseye targets. If any of this stuff is available locally let me know! I have powered it on and the drop targets are a bit sticky, and the score reel's could do with a rebuild as they're not resetting to zero correctly, but between the howto guides here and Clay's EM guide I should be right (if not Daniel may be getting a phone call!)

The cab obviously needs a repaint and unfortunately the backglass is not as nice as I first thought, playfield is ok but has some strange gouge marks near the centre bullseye targets and some wear around the pop bumpers.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Acquired some Projects!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
Funky Jukeboxes

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 02:36:10 PM »
Nice haul Caleb maybe I should have made the call.

Might be interested in some of the boards you scored  %$%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
Good score!

Love 2001, I remember playing it when I was a kid and thinking it was nothing like the movie!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 06:10:45 PM »
Thanks Guys, pretty happy with it, although have a long road ahead!

Daniel I'll be in touch re the boards, I've had a quick look at what's there but can't really remember.

Question. The manual for 2001 specified part numbers for the rubbers, targets, flippers, posts and a few other items (most of which I've found at RTBB). Is there a document or diagram that shows part numbers for the components of the pop bumpers, shooter assembly, coin door etc?

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
1978 GottliebParts catalog covers most parts. Let me know if you need anything scanned.
pinballaustralia.com

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 09:22:08 PM »
If you cant repair one of them jukeboxes Caleb it will have to spend some time at my place and get the treatment i can see an LCD screen going in that rectangle bit that will play video clips  &&

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »

Great find ! Always fun to find unloved machines. These will keep you busy for a while !

As Kev said - if you need anything, let us know. I also have most of the parts books from this era to help you on your order with RTBB.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
Well done, what a score, would have been fun hauling all those home  *%*