Author Topic: White Water $5500  (Read 695 times)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
White Water $5500
« on: October 08, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Water-Pinball-/110754136738?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item19c97602a2

Very nice White Water on ebay. Maybe a bit over done, but i like it. Over my budget though.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: White Water $5500
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 05:28:35 PM »
Yep - looks like a very decent job BUT man - $5500 - who is the guy kidding.
I mean, I love this game but even I dont think ANY WH20 comes close , or anywhere NEAR that asking price.

People need to understand this hobby is a labour of love and ALL the work in the world on a game WONT be recouped at the time of sale.
I have over-spent on many a game when restoring to how I want it to look and I NEVER expect to get WAY over the 'general' asking price.

Good luck to him - he MAY just jag that guy who is desperate for a sweet WH20 and will pay ANY price  #@#

DW Drums rule !

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »
Yes, doubtful he will raise a buyer, but you never know!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 07:07:01 PM »
Ditto at that price...dreaming for sure.
Having said that it is a pretty damn fine example of a wh20 and I have seen simmilar restos go for 4k without the topper.
I love the game and if I didn't already have one and wanted a beauty I'd pay 4k for that.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »
It's a tough one really... If a guy played this as a young fella and loved it, and had always wanted a superb example, AND wanted to have one as a keeper, then you could imagine someone paying quite a bit more than they would normally be worth.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 11:56:58 PM »
Nah.., wont sell. $5.5K is a seller hoping to cream a deal... good luck to him but even dealers and their silly prices wont have $5.5K on a Wh20.
Then again.... dealer would probably put $8K on it..LOL

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 12:00:23 AM »
Wh2O is fun - I got to learn the positives of this title from Nug a few years ago, well before the hype started that is taking this B+ to a perceived A level game (my opinion). 

Seller clearly knows what he is doing -  "Im just putting it out there to see if anyone who wants an awesome White Water and is willing to pay for all the hard work that has been done, and wants to grab it. "

And that is a really fair comment - it owes a bundle and someone might be prepared to go it, and I wouldn't blame them. Heck, my FH would owe me a grand more than its worth, but that is entirely beside the point - I've had many times that value back from it.

Can't say the chrome does it for me!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 09:39:28 AM »
Interesting topic. My point of view is that for a person like myself who doesnt know a lot about fixing machines and always has to pay someone to come in when I have a problem....I dont mind paying a bit more for a machine that is nice to look at, plays well and most importantly will be reliable.

It doesnt take long for a cheap machine to become an expensive one if you continually have to pay someone to come in and fix it for you.

Having said that I would always seek advise from members on this site before buying and from what I'm reading I wouldn't go $5500 on this machine...probably around $4000 for me....that's kinda meeting him half pay I pay extra for a nice machine and he losses a little on his time/money spent on the restore.

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 10:13:20 AM »
seems a Fair price to me for what his put into it
if you do a rough add up for the New playfield, cab art , ramps, Dome, Chrome  etc
and add it to the cost of the game its self, then  I'd guess his sunk well over 4000 into this project

I thought he was smart to target the hi end collectors... now lets see if theres any out there

and to the seller if your reading this,  that is a SWEET looking WH2O,
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 12:43:15 PM »

The guy has put a lot of effort into the game and he is "fishing" for a fussy buyer looking for a "one of a kind" Whitewater. Believe me, there are collectors willing to spend the money on a unique version of their favorite title. I remember people scoffed at the "pimped" Terminator 2 pinball, and now there's a company in Europe making kits to pimp T2's.

Just because collectors and hobbyists think it is overpriced, you are not buying dealer standards here, you are buying a "one of a kind". The seller is looking to find that one person who will pay the asking price.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »
Its a nice WH20 love the bling interesting to see if it sells.

Peter

Offline erx400

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 02:59:58 AM »
Imo a perfect example of going overboard on the chrome (Flippers & coin door).
Nice cond machine anyway, Even though I don't think it's worth $5.5K you never know.
I've sold many machines at "premium" prices to buyers looking for that high end resto machine.

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »
Have a look at the sellers TZ he has now listed. Another full resto with lots of bling. He sure does some nice work.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TWILIGHT-ZONE-/110756079721?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item19c993a869
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:25:07 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50:10 PM »
In dont think this guy really spends much time on these machines... everything is new! he might as well make a box and pack it in and call it a NIB restored 2011 machine! *)* notice they both say "$xxxx Spent on Extras" well i think he means $xxxx Spent on Parts because there cant be that many extras... can there??? *!@
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
Seller now has a MB and AF listed as well as the WW, Tron and TZ. All his machines look top notch.