Author Topic: Turning Tombstone Drop targets into Stern Standard looking drop targets  (Read 213 times)

Offline JRK1971

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Guys,
Been slowly working on the Meteor to get it going properly. Got a heap of parts from PBresource including Tombstone target (thinks that what they call them). Apparently you can't buy the standard rectangular ones anymore. Anyway I compared the tombstone to the rectangular ones and found the reinforcing behind is the same for both types. So I got the files out and went to town and filed them all into a rectangular target - went from a course file to a fine file and then through 360, 600 & 800 grit sand paper to finish them. Turned out real nice, took a while though. Here are a few shots that show how they started and finished out, hope this is something somebody else can get some use out of.

I also printed new labels on clear label paper - got the font from IPDB - spot on, only issue is the clear label stuff didn't work properly - would love to know what other guys use so I can buy stuff that works...

Offline Ballywannabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Yes, it can be done, but they will still not drop as well as the orignal targets - must be something to do with the type of plastic they used back then?

Still should look good.  That is a lot of target to do on a Meteor!

cheers
Ian