Author Topic: We all have different pinball themes in our collection - Poll  (Read 417 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
We all have different pinball themes in our collection - Poll
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:49:31 PM »
After Pop Bumper Petes poll I was wondering what is everyone's most favourite theme, doesn't have to be a particular machine but more a theme.

For me my first machine was Surf Champ, followed by Creature, White Water and Skateball, so my pattern is water and surf related sports.

So put in your vote and then you can see the results of what everyone's favourite is.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Ive got a real mix up in my collection.... but i do hanker after space themed machines... particularly from 50's & 60's

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
AFM, FP, BBB, AA&A, Spirit, BH - I think I have a problem.

I'm addicted to space themes.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Cant say i have a particular theme im happy with most machines

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Big part of my collection is boxing themed - Champion Pub, Ali, Rocky and today Title Fight.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:34:23 PM by tonyt »

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
I don't have a particular theme I go after.   For me, it's all about the 1970's decade of pins.  That's what I grew up with, and that is where the attachment is.  Having said that, 4 of my games are more or less "sports" related - Surf Champ, Skateball, Power Play (ice hockey), and Hotdoggin' (skiing).  The rest are a mix.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
nup, I cannot say I collect to any 'theme'
though one theme that does not excite me is American Indians

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Manufacturers. Bally EM 1970-77 and Bally SS 1978-82. I've always been a fan of Bally, and for a while, I thought I was the only collector that targeted Bally EMs. It was "all about" GTB Wedgeheads etc.

My aim was to own the best machines from the best era of pinball - 1978-82 ;

KISS, Paragon, Fathom, Medusa, Flash Gordon, Viking, Eight Ball Deluxe, Xenon and Embryon. The only title I don't own is Embryon.

Five years ago, I decided to do something different - collect Bally EMs

Wizard, Mariner, Old Chicago, Kickoff, Knockout, Air Aces, Fireball, Nip It, 4 Million BC and Vampire. Still working on this list.

My theme is Bally machines - 1970 - 1982
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I don't really have a particular theme, I just have different designers, Lawlor, Nordman, Ritchie and Popadiuk. I picked my favorites of each designer to give a bit of variety in my collection.  Now I just need my Eddy and I'd be happy  :lol  probably not I would still want more  *)*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
No theme really, I just like collecting DMD mostly. The years 1989 to 2000 mostly. Only one x 1978 SS model for sentimental reasons.

Its good to show people what machines were like in say late eighties, and how they progressed up until Pinball 2000 which i feel is the pinnacle of where pinballs went to.

** I did however, buy 2 x Star Trek Next Gens and 2 x Star Trek 25th's plus my Voyager Arcade Game to one day make a seperate smaller Star Trek Fun Room full of  
Star Trek pinnys and other trekky fun stuff.  ^^^

** my wife only really likes scary themes like Tales from the Crypt, Frankenstein, Freddy Krueger, etc being into horror films which i dont like much.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:55:01 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Being a HUGE car/motorsport fan, have to say car themed pins have been my focus in recent years, also love the vintage driving arcade games of the early 70's
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
I thought I'd give this thread a bit of a bump because I was interested to see if others had common themes through their collections. I personally love a good space/alien  or supernatural theme but that's not my only consideration. I'm also drawn to many of the early 80's Bally games and I really enjoy the System 1 Gtb machines I've played too. So for me a my ideal collection would be a combination of the above with a few DMD machines thrown in for good measure.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
A combination of medieval (not horror) and space/alien. These two themes go hand in hand with the idea of shooting a steel ball around the spaces, ramps and gates of a pinball playfield.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
After Pop Bumper Petes poll I was wondering what is everyone's most favourite theme, doesn't have to be a particular machine but more a theme.

For me my first machine was Surf Champ, followed by Creature, White Water and Skateball, so my pattern is water and surf related sports.

So put in your vote and then you can see the results of what everyone's favourite is.
We need another surf/ocean theme pinny to come to fruition fellow waterman  *%*
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline GAP

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
We have EATPM, Scared Stiff, CFTBL and Monster Bash in one room, so I guess there is a bit of a monster/horror theme happening. In another room we have Kiss, AC/DC and Metallica* , so maybe a music theme  starting there.

* - coming soon !!  $#$