Author Topic: Shaker motor for RFM  (Read 165 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Shaker motor for RFM
« on: October 21, 2011, 11:15:33 PM »
I have been bashing my RFM a bit since I picked it up and if ever there was a game that needed a shaker motor this is it.
Is there any way this could be done? I see there is now a shaker motor mod out for STTNG,so I guess it's possible.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Shaker motor for RFM
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 12:19:49 AM »
mark sells a shaker motor kit to fit new modern sterns as does rtbb and marco spec etc. I reckon it would easily be adapted.

the specs are the exact same for the shaker motors on data east and segas. buy one and get beaky to see if he can make it work etc. it does come with software and a computer board etc. if it works keep it, if it doesnt, send it back.  ^^^

i never felt my RFM needed a shaker motor, but it might be a great idea if u can get it to work.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 09:07:24 AM »
mark sells a shaker motor kit to fit new modern sterns as does rtbb and marco spec etc. I reckon it would easily be adapted.

the specs are the exact same for the shaker motors on data east and segas. buy one and get beaky to see if he can make it work etc. it does come with software and a computer board etc. if it works keep it, if it doesnt, send it back.  ^^^

i never felt my RFM needed a shaker motor, but it might be a great idea if u can get it to work.  ^^^ ^^^

I doubt very much I could buy a stern shaker motor kit and send it back on the basis that it didn't work in Bally pin and I am not about to test this theory in practice.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 09:59:56 PM »
Daz,
If it was me, I would buy it from a supplier on the basis that i could return it (damage free) if I couldnt make it work, with undamaged packaging etc.

If u could make it work, any mods to make it work could be shared with the supplier, which may make it easier for him to onsell more to people like ya self who have a good idea for the RFM machine.

In my case, If i was to buy one for a RFM, and It didnt work, i would just move it sideways to one of my other data east/segas etc, or send it back with prior supplier permission.

the only other thing/idea i can come up with Daz, is i could get the identical shaker motor/board/wiring kit that Stern/mark/rtbb/marco sell etc out of my Godzilla and see if beaky can make it work on the RFM  !@# ( I dont think there is a current bally/williams brand new shaker motor kit for sale anywhere ? I could be wrong, but if there is a bally one avail, maybe someone else could list it here on the post to help out ?)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:05:55 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !