Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 63 - andtan  (Read 3337 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 63 - andtan
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »
Here we go then - apologies for not having it done by Sunday !@)

1. Earliest pinball memory?

I can't really remember the names of the first pinballs that I played (shame) but I do remember being around 10yrs old, and being captivated by them. I'm not sure if it was the sounds, the lights, or just the desire to get a higher and higher score. I do remember that the playfields by today’s standards were almost barren - didn't make it any easier though.

2. All time favorite pin? Why?

My all time favourite pin would have to be 'Tommy - Pinball Wizard' by Data East, which is unfortunate as I used to own a 'Tommy' up until a few years ago. I had to sell it due to moving and no longer having the room in a now smaller house. As luck would have it I now have a much bigger house with a three car garage (man-shed), and a rumpus room (man-cave) - so I will now be looking to 'fill' up some of that space. Hopefully the 'Pin-gods' will forgive my straying, and a 'Tommy' will once again be mine.

3. Favorite pinball manufacture?

Whilst I'm fond of Tommy (Data East), I do have a bit of a soft spot for some of the Bally/Williams games - particularly the DMD games like - Getaway HS2, TAF, TZ and Fishtales. I can remember frequenting many a nightspot sporting the black-studded belt, jeans, fawn coloured work boots, and the mullet whilst knocking back a number of bourbons. Strangely I never really seemed to do too well on them on those occasions %.%

4. Favorite game in your collection? Why?

Well at the moment I'm Pin-less, so I'm pretty much living off the memories - I suppose I could just harp on about 'Tommy' - I particularly like the music - which from memory had about 21 different tunes jammed into it.