Author Topic: Special thanks to Wotto the guru  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
Re: Special thanks to Wotto the guru
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 07:23:52 PM »
I didn't realise it was you Wotto doing the banner art... Top work mate!

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 08:28:54 PM »

Yeah most of em mate - except for.......well damn you Chuck Hess  %%$ come on  %%$    :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 08:31:08 PM »

Yeah most of em mate - except for.......well damn you Chuck Hess  %%$ come on  %%$    :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:08 PM »
Great work Wotto.

I personally like the 'POP' of colours on the cv banner.. Nice ! ^^^
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »
Excellent work Wotto! Looks very professional...gotta be better than Nick's 'Expo' attempt  :lol

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 10:23:28 PM »
great work wotto, keep up the great work #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »
These would look great on a shirt or cap!

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 11:01:30 PM »
Now there's an idea.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »
Now i had a mate that was purchasing a T shirt printing machine - let me chase him up.

he just bought a CNC router - woo hoo!!! Plastics here i come!

Offline Pinfan

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 11:17:42 PM »
Gavin with the workload piling up, soon you will have one of these at your head. **& and you might need to employ someone.  ^%^

I look forward to the future and seeing the prospects leaving the Flipper Rescue.

I think i speak on behalf of this whole site when i say you are an asset to this community.  $%$

Keep up the great work as i think we will need a ticket system for your services soon.

I take the first..   #@!
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 11:48:35 PM »
LOL- thanks,

you would not believe just how busy i am - this is normally the quietest time of year for the neon indsutry and so i decided to launch Flipperescue to compensate the downturn in work - oh ive set up various companies to counteract the downturn including a stint in the commercial steam cleaning business etc - none of which worked and cost me a packet.

This year - the neon is flat out, im as busy as the pre Xmas panic i get every year. You just cant pick it.
 But with an economic downturn, i guess retailers are once again finding out that when it comes to bang for buck - neon wins hands down.
LED's have stolen a lot of the market, but they cost 7 X that of neon, are unreliable and are only marginally cheaper to run.
 So where does that leave time for Flipperescue?? believe me!! Im struggling! So if i go quiet on the forum its cos im downstairs working on a PF - or an apron - or BG etc. Ill get it all done, but tonights a night off cos in knackered after another 12hr day!

Now...wheres me beer?

And once again - thanks for the kind words. Im passionate about pinball - the games - the artwork, the smell..aaaah the smell!

I dont have all the  answers to restoring stuff - each time i do a restore, i do it better than the last, its essential to be anal with this kind of thing. Im also happy to help where i can and post all my techniques that ive learnt along the way - mainly due to mistakes. If you come across a better way to do something then let me know - we are all here to learn.
Flipperescue was originally going to be a web based guide to restoration - i wanted to host something that would equal Clays guides to fixing stuff, but then people started asking me to do work for them, so now its a service.

The guide will be up one day for anyone to access, but artwork is a copyright minefield and so i have to be careful.
if i ever work out what i can and cannot do then the guide will be there for all

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 12:16:31 AM »
LOL- thanks,

you would not believe just how busy i am - this is normally the quietest time of year for the neon indsutry and so i decided to launch Flipperescue to compensate the downturn in work - oh ive set up various companies to counteract the downturn including a stint in the commercial steam cleaning business etc - none of which worked and cost me a packet.

This year - the neon is flat out, im as busy as the pre Xmas panic i get every year. You just cant pick it.
 But with an economic downturn, i guess retailers are once again finding out that when it comes to bang for buck - neon wins hands down.
LED's have stolen a lot of the market, but they cost 7 X that of neon, are unreliable and are only marginally cheaper to run.
 So where does that leave time for Flipperescue?? believe me!! Im struggling! So if i go quiet on the forum its cos im downstairs working on a PF - or an apron - or BG etc. Ill get it all done, but tonights a night off cos in knackered after another 12hr day!

Now...wheres me beer?

And once again - thanks for the kind words. Im passionate about pinball - the games - the artwork, the smell..aaaah the smell!

I dont have all the  answers to restoring stuff - each time i do a restore, i do it better than the last, its essential to be anal with this kind of thing. Im also happy to help where i can and post all my techniques that ive learnt along the way - mainly due to mistakes. If you come across a better way to do something then let me know - we are all here to learn.
Flipperescue was originally going to be a web based guide to restoration - i wanted to host something that would equal Clays guides to fixing stuff, but then people started asking me to do work for them, so now its a service.

The guide will be up one day for anyone to access, but artwork is a copyright minefield and so i have to be careful.
if i ever work out what i can and cannot do then the guide will be there for all

Enough of the violin playing !

Get downstairs and start my Playboy  #@!

Seriously - We are VERY lucky to people of your talent on this site, helping others and finding new ways to get that machine closer to 100% perfect...

#*#

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 01:48:39 AM »
yeh - blimey!! I got all sucky then! Somebody slap me!

I have found a VERY talented person to help with Flipperescue. There are a few things i cannot recreate on a PF - mainly the computerised dotted shading ( Spiderman has this!!). Well - it can be done by hand with amazing results.
 So go ahead - throw anything at us

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »

+1  ^^^

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 12:34:13 AM »

I'll third that!