Author Topic: Either the best thing or a stupid - just won the AFM from Ebay  (Read 593 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Either the best thing or a stupid - just won the AFM from Ebay
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
Hi All

Quietly shitting myself as never paid so much for a pinnie in my life, but really wanted the AFM. I have never played one but heard so many good things about it.

I am sorry if anyone here was bidding on it but they rarely come up.

To add it was my wife that was encouraging me - bad influence ? / good influence ? - not sure at the moment.

But due to budget and room the Creature will be going in the near future.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Oh i hate that feeling where you snap up a pinny youve been after for ages and then go "shit... thats a lot of $$$$"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
how much did u pay ?  !@#

triple inspect it before u hand over your hard earnt $$.

an easy pin to sell if u dont like it. even if u keep for a day, or a year or two, u shld get ya money back. well done on a great purchase !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
So how much do you want to unload the old POS creature for?  %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Oh i hate that feeling where you snap up a pinny youve been after for ages and then go "shit... thats a lot of $$$$"

Yep .. me too .. been there and done that (fortunately only once)
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
good luck with the buy, i hope it works out for you

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
If its the one from Melb it's a true project machine. Will need a playfield and cab decals and then obviously all mechs rebuilt, plastics? Machine looks running in pics so at least boards should be in it..

Not sure where or if Mirco is re doing the AFM playfields

Sort after machine. Whether its a fair price, well your the buyer so it's only you that can make that call

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Congrats. Yes it needs a new playfield but they will get done soon enough. In the meantime play the crap out of it and love it!!  Don't worry about what you paid - might take $1500 to make this one nice, add that to the price you paid and decide if you could buy that game with a new playfield and decals done - betcha you can't. Plus, how many actually ever sell? Very, very few change hands, you gotta grab a container pin and make it nice if you want to own the best DMD (IMO) ever!! Well done!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline wizo

• Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
My son and I play it on vp, we both love it and would love to own a real one someday...congrats buddy

Offline erx400

• Forum Posts:
Didn't think this would hit $5K let alone 2x willing to pay that much.

Btw I've seen so many AFM's in my time with flipper & other playfield wear, More than any other DMD pin imo.
I remember playing an AFM at a prominent Melb pin dealers place many years ago that was just as worn as this one.
Anyone got an idea why AFM suffers from this?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
AFM would have to be my all time favorite DMD and you will love it aswell

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
 Thats a fair whack of $$$ to spend on a project pin.
Congrats on your purchase, hope she scrubs up well.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
Congrats on your new purchase. As mentioned above, AFM is a great game and highly rated out there in the pinball community.
Surprised though you've never played one before and let along made such big purchase via Ebay. If you endeavour to tackle the project side of things, good luck with it all. 
I would just put up with it and play the god dam thing.

IMO i would keep CFTBL, as the two pinnies complement each other by "rescuing the girl". One's a redhead, the other is a blond. Now you need to get the brunette (TOTAN).

ps - ask MarkC to post out white flipper bats with the pinnie, as those black ones look shocking.

Stephen.
SC.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Great game, I love playing Nicks, I would definately own one if I could spare the $$$  *%*

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Great game, I love playing Nicks, I would definately own one if I could spare the $$$  *%*

+1. Always love playing Nicks be hard pressed to find a better example than his.