Author Topic: Black Knight 2000  (Read 2448 times)

Offline indazone gav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Black Knight 2000
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »
Holy Crap!! I can't get egay at work. Is there a phone number on the listing?
Oh and this pinball is horrible and nobody should bid on it.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »
Holy Crap!! I can't get egay at work. Is there a phone number on the listing?
Oh and this pinball is horrible and nobody should bid on it.

I checked the listing and there is no ph#.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
12 months ago, people couldnt give away a "Creature from Black Lagoon" for $2200. A friend had apx 5 of them, all excellent, couldnt sell one at $2200.

People are paying $3500 now for a good example of CFTBL.

BK2000 I reckon is a better pin than CFTBL.  Thats how I reckon some machines can go up very sharply, including BK2000. Why CFTBL but not a BK2000.

WOW !

I've seen at least a dozen change hands, and even a CFTBL with a MISSING Holo, broken display and no good plastics was moved on for $2500. Reconditioned CFTBL were selling for $3500 12 months ago, and 2 - 4 years ago, some dealers were getting $4000 + for them (Blue Holos and poor workmanship). I think your friend needs to understand the market a bit better (respectfully). The fluctuation in pricing for CFTBL is solely due to the condition of the Hologram AND plastics set. I sold my CFTBL to a respected AP member and I have full confidence that should he choose to sell it, he would get what he paid for or possibly a bit more.

BK2000 is a MUCH better game in my opinion, but will always be a less expensive game to buy.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 02:57:06 PM »
I think the issue was, that the global financial markets 12 months ago were real bad, my mate had half a dozen creatures, the Pin Shed had about 5 or 6, another few sellers up here had 3 or 4 each, all at the same time, and their was a glut. All CFTBL were immaculate with great holos etc. Everyone was climbing over the cheapies and going straight for the Medi Evil Madness, Twilights, Addams Fams, Circus's, Totans etc, cause they were listed at very nice prices, giving alot of buyers a reason to spend the extra on a high end title.

My mate has sold some half a dozen containers worth of pins in the last 3 or so years. The old supply n demand rule applied here. Sometimes people pay crazy money, sometimes u cant give things away. Thats just the ebb n flow of the pinball market.

I reckon the QLD market, is alot different to the VIC market. There ahve been alot more containers imported up here in great numbers, therfore giving a over supply and reducing prices. I remember another seller had 12 x High Speed 2 - The Getaway all lined up, at $2 grand each. It took apx 4 or 5 months to move them and at only $2k ish for real nice machines. Welcome to QLD.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »
I think the issue was, that the global financial markets 12 months ago were real bad, my mate had half a dozen creatures, the Pin Shed had about 5 or 6, another few sellers up here had 3 or 4 each, all at the same time

The old supply n demand rule applied

thats what would have killed the market on creatures
4 -10 years ago you would be hard pressed to find a creech   and if you did dealers wanted the high 4's to low 5g's

looking at that BK2000 (it looks in Ex Cond) I would have thought it was worth 2750+, or has -     
The old supply n demand rule applied , are these now becoming more common?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »

I won't be the slightest bit surprised if the buyer has an offer outside eBay. For those of you "thinking" - STOP - and either make him an offer or place a bid.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »
It has a bid of $2450. It sure is a nice looking Black Knight 2000. Cabinet is very very nice for a 1989 model. Joe has always been a fair dinkum seller as well.

Who ever wins it will be very happy. Fun machine x 10.   I wish i had room for a second one.  %.%

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 08:32:41 PM »
IF auction goes to end, i agree with Gregg... my money is on $2800 and well worth it.. anything over $3K and its starting to get overpriced

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 09:25:34 PM »
This title is also on my wish list...

The seller has been around for a long time, no doubt this pin is a good example, my thoughts on what it will sell for $2,900 tops

its just a bloody great game, everytime i visit old mate cavey i allways play this title 1st out of his collection
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 09:44:11 AM »

I won't be the slightest bit surprised if the buyer has an offer outside eBay. For those of you "thinking" - STOP - and either make him an offer or place a bid.

Ok. Point taken. I have joined the bidding.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:45:47 AM by RottyGuy »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »
I am only going to bid to apx $3500 (no only joking, I am not bidding) 

* I reckon the cash offer that has been made by another AP member will probably be snapped up and I doubt Joe will let the auction run its full course. I would be surprised.
I am also sure the offer is for $3300. Someone else thinks its worth what i thought.  !@#

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 10:07:25 AM »
Well there ya go...there is always someone willing to pay more for something they want rather than what it is really worth.
I wish I came across those cftbls you were spruking for 2.2k last yr. You should have snapped them all up and made a profit on them, I would have bought one off you.
I never saw them...the only ones the shed and gameworx have had in the last 18 months to 2 years were shite with non working holos.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 10:13:24 AM »
I am only going to bid to apx $3500 (no only joking, I am not bidding) 

* I reckon the cash offer that has been made by another AP member will probably be snapped up and I doubt Joe will let the auction run its full course. I would be surprised.
I am also sure the offer is for $3300. Someone else thinks its worth what i thought.  !@#

I won't be bidding anywhere near that figure. You'd be a fool to pay $3300 for it IMO. If i was the seller i would've pulled the auction already with an offer of $3300 odd.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
Daz,
Beaky and I were talking about exactly that last night. I was saying "in hindsight" I shld have bought the lot, but to be honest, I didnt think of doing anything because you cant buy cabinet decals for a Creature, in case u want them, and alot of people complain its only got a 2 ball multi ball. But if I had a time machine, u are exactly correct and spot on, I could have made a mint $.

Also, any Aussie Pinball member who is serious on buying the Black Knight 2000, shld phone the seller Joe on 0438 564558 and try and do a deal. He has communicated to me that he will sell to a decent cash/bank transfer offer and will pull the auction for a serious buyer wanting to snap it up NOW.

p.s- I dont think the person who has $3300 can complete the sale this week, only in apx 2 weeks, so i now understand the best offer now will get the machine. Anything over the ebay price might snap it up. !
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:16:44 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
I would like a BK2000, but not for over $3000

glad I have no $$ to buy anything at the moment