Author Topic: Black Knight 2000  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Black Knight 2000
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2011, 10:39:37 AM »
We all know that a hefty cash offer would snap up this machine.. but so far noone has done it cos what WE the buyer want to pay and what the seller wants to get are 2 different things.. auction will decide this and it might just tip over $3k as bidders will put max bid of $3012 etc.

Problem with a machine like BK2000 is that its a title that pulls its money easily NOT done up and because of that, a bling bling one like this wont go too far above previous sales of this title. Auction is bloody obvious... machine owes seller $2400 hence starting bid.. IF seller has faith in this machine then a $1 start would see it fetch its own value.... $2400 starting sees us all saying.. yep its close to its money already and so an attempt to keep under $3000 is made. Only problem with this title and value is if you chuck an extremely rare overlay on it... then it WILL struggle to sell.
Ive been offered between $2500 and $3000 for my Centaur... its all original and in very good nick. Now if i restencilled it, restored the PF, new bumper caps etc... will i pull over $3000? And more importantly, for the little extra $$.. is it bloody worth it?

...Er.... NO

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 11:22:43 AM »

It has the original early production playfield plastics which not many BK2000's got. Beaky's BK has the same plastics, mine has the later production plastics. I reckon the later plastics look better, but Beaky (Andy) likes the earlier ones cause he played BK when he was a kid and it had the early plastics. I am sure u can buy bothe plastic sets NOS from a few sellers, not that this one needs it.

This machine looks like it dont need much at all. Playfield looks very orig with no additions. I hope a AP member gets it.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 01:31:02 PM »
+1 to that Brett.
I hope it stays in the hands of somebody who will treat it well and look after it.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pinballer

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »
I am sure u can buy bothe plastic sets NOS from a few sellers, not that this one needs it.

BK2K NOS plastics have not been available from any commerical seller for over 10 years.  CPR however repro'ed them a couple of years ago.

Daz,
Beaky and I were talking about exactly that last night. I was saying "in hindsight" I shld have bought the lot, but to be honest, I didnt think of doing anything because you cant buy cabinet decals for a Creature, in case u want them, and alot of people complain its only got a 2 ball multi ball. But if I had a time machine, u are exactly correct and spot on, I could have made a mint $.

Cabinet decals for Creature are available from IPB in the USA.  I think that some of the commercial sellers in the USA also have them listed for sale. I know IPB does, as I bought some from them earlier this year.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
Auction ended. /

I should add the seller did contact me and ask that i phone him about the BK2000. The listing has since been removed and i've let him know i'll pass on it now.

Not to worry. There are plenty of pinballs for sale and i already have my eye on a local pin that's listed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:17:31 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
I have seen plastics (full set) for BK2000 recently from a seller.  It was Marco's that was showing them in stock last month, but showing out of stock now. I was sure they had stock last month, and i have seen them somewhere else also. I dont need them so passed when i saw the listing for them.  I have a note on my BK file saying plastics avail mid december ? Will have to dbl check later in case someone needs them.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=31%2D1006%2D563

As for cab decals for Creature, thats excellent. I didnt know they were available. It now makes a CFTBL much more attractive. Nothing better than new decals.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:01:16 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »
I am sure u can buy bothe plastic sets NOS from a few sellers, not that this one needs it.

BK2K NOS plastics have not been available from any commerical seller for over 10 years.  CPR however repro'ed them a couple of years ago.

Daz,
Beaky and I were talking about exactly that last night. I was saying "in hindsight" I shld have bought the lot, but to be honest, I didnt think of doing anything because you cant buy cabinet decals for a Creature, in case u want them, and alot of people complain its only got a 2 ball multi ball. But if I had a time machine, u are exactly correct and spot on, I could have made a mint $.

Cabinet decals for Creature are available from IPB in the USA.  I think that some of the commercial sellers in the USA also have them listed for sale. I know IPB does, as I bought some from them earlier this year.

thanks for the info...fortunately my creech does not need decals as they are original and in really great bright condition but thanks for the info...I might grab a set down the track if needed.
I just need to replace 2 plastics on mine( which i have found and are on the way) and she is sweet as.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 11:38:54 AM »

Did a member snag this machine ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
I tried buying the BK200 for my brother and I offered more money than most would, but it seems someone offered more money than I did, so someone paid a reasonable dollar and scored a good machine.

If anyone got it for less than 3 grand, it would be a miracle cause I offered a bit more than that and would have been happy with that price cause BK2000 are impossible to find in that condition.

Hope a member scored it, regardless of cost. Great title. Very addictive.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2011, 05:08:20 PM »
Aye... if you want it enough and its a keeper then above $3K or below $3K.. makes no difference

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2011, 05:58:24 PM »
Aye... if you want it enough and its a keeper then above $3K or below $3K.. makes no difference

well said Gav.  ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »
Nice pics! :D

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 01:07:20 AM »
Classic quote there: "Come Play the Machine in Our Showroom not in the back of some storage yard like other sellers."

Amusing...

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 09:00:19 AM »
That one has been sitting and festering in the lagoon for a while...ie nearly a year, originally he wanted  4.5k  for it.
I thought it must be very nice for that price......so I sent a few emails through requesting pics etc, last yr thi is....no reaction.
Tried again about 3 months or so ago.......nada surf...... (((