Author Topic: Black Knight 2000  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Black Knight 2000
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Nice pics! :D

Just checked that myself and they have been added.

Classic quote there: "Come Play the Machine in Our Showroom not in the back of some storage yard like other sellers."

Amusing...

I don't like this kind of sales pitch. Rather than inform prospective buyers of your good points, criticize your competition. I know this has cost this seller MANY sales with this attitude.

That one has been sitting and festering in the lagoon for a while...ie nearly a year, originally he wanted  4.5k  for it.
I thought it must be very nice for that price......so I sent a few emails through requesting pics etc, last yr thi is....no reaction.
Tried again about 3 months or so ago.......nada surf...... (((

Snack Bar hole is almost a round hole. This game has been hammered. But a GREAT price.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 09:41:28 AM »
Yeah the snack bar has been well and truly opened.
Gill( holo) looks very unhappy in that last pic, almost like he is drowning.
3k great price......lol...not.......I hope he gets it but somehow I doubt it.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »
Yeah the snack bar has been well and truly opened.
Gill( holo) looks very unhappy in that last pic, almost like he is drowning.
3k great price......lol...not.......I hope he gets it but somehow I doubt it.

The Holo looks green, but it is hard to tell if it is healthy ? If it is, the Snack Bar could be repaired, install a Cliffy and it should be a decent buy. The headbox decals need to be replaced - and it looks like they are getting redone ?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00:23 AM »
Not something I would grab without looking at and playing it.....worth a look for someone local though.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »
so does anyone know what the bk2000 went for?

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »

$1350.00 mate.. was the best offer he got.. guess its an indication of the market at present. I will however be prepared to pay OVER todays market value and take yours off your hands for $1800.00.... and trust me... im doing YOU a favour!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »

$1350.00 mate.. was the best offer he got.. guess its an indication of the market at present. I will however be prepared to pay OVER todays market value and take yours off your hands for $1800.00.... and trust me... im doing YOU a favour!

2nd best offer he got was my $3300. someone else paid more, or paid less, but paid cash and quickly scored it.

Gav, $1350, we wish.  %.% %.% %.% Andy will take that wont ya Andy ?  && &&  #*# #*#
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:12:20 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 12:30:44 AM »
3 words.
Not for sale.  <.>
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »
UPDATE
I recieved a written response from Joe who sold the Black Knight 2000. He had several people 100 percent wanting the machine.

The machine SOLD for $4200 (four thousand two hundred dollars) No wonder my 3300 was knocked back .lol

NOW, I AM DYING TO SEE THE RESPONSES TO THAT PRICE ! But, the bottom line is that BK2000 IS A VERY VERY HARD MACHINE TO FIND THESE DAYS. With brand new AMAZING full cabinet art now available for this machine, it now makes the machine a candidate to do a resto on and make it look like a brand new machine. That has to make the price climb. Note- I had someone offer to buy my BK2000 off me 3 months ago and they also offered $4 grand which i declined cause mine is in AMAZING condition and I have brand new full cabinet decals.

BK2000 is an amazing game that you either love or hate. So it seems the price to buy a real nice BK2000 is between $3000 and $4000. I think that is a true indication as to where the market is. To get one from pauls Germany, which was real nice, was going to be over $3500 12 months ago, and it wasnt redecalled.

The recent sale price for the BK2000 is good for BK2000 owners.  No-one will sell theirs cheap anymore ! probably.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 09:50:20 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D
too funny!

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »
:D :D :D :D :D
too funny!

Actually, you are right on this point  ^^^

I know the buyer of this BK2000.

I also know the exact price it was bought for. It was sold for significantly less than you have been told, Brett. The reason I am aware of the transaction is because I advised the buyer of the market value and he negotiated a price that both he and seller agreed upon. He is a local collector that I have dealt with in the past.

The owner is VERY PLEASED with the condition of the game, and the price he paid - which is SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than the price (four thousand and two hundred dollars) you were quoted.

Respectfully, I certainly believe that the price was inflated for whatever reason (what you were told Brett), but it is simply not what transpired.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 11:01:08 PM »
...Love a conspiracy...

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »
3k to 4k is too much for this title

I think 2k to 3k is considered fair   
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2011, 01:00:59 AM »
If u say the price is different Nino, I have no reason to doubt you at all.  But i can truthfully say that I did 1 million percent today get a ebay email from Joe definately stating the $4200 price. Perhaps he added a 4 instead of a 3 at the start of the number.  *%* ( I have sent u Nino a copy of the ebay message I recieved)  *%*

I think if anyone can pick up a BK2000 in very good condition for around the 3 grand mark, they are doing well. I am glad your friend is very happy with his BK2000.
There are just never any for sale. I have seen one in 3 years only on ebay other than this one ya mate scored.

Tell ya mate, welcome to the BK2000 owners club. There aint many on the forum, only 2 that I know of. Great machine.  ^^^

P.S- Nino, ask ya mate what he would sell his new BK2000 for now that he has it, I bet u a million bux he says he wouldnt part with it at all, or if he did, he would want 3500 to 4000 for it, cause he will now know how hard it will be to replace. Seriously, ask him the question and i wouldnt mind hearing his response. If people pay mid to late 3's for a CFTBL, and if BK2000 is a better game to play, it makes u question the real price of a BK2000 which is 10 times harder to locate than a CFTBL. Food for thought.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:21:00 AM by Caveoftreasures »