Author Topic: Help with values please  (Read 1049 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Help with values please
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »
if word gets out that you pay 3k for an as-is Getaway then expect lotsa calls lol

Funny thing is that the Getaway at the Campbellfield auction last year went for $2700 + 15.5% = $3105 final price. And while it was OK, it wasn't in great condition from memory.

Don't know but it seems that some people are prepared to pay a bit of money for one of these. (Hmm, there is one in Brisbane going for $1600 - needs some work but at that price it is probably a bargain compared to these auction ones.)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »
It is a great fast fun game, which anyone new or old to pins can pick up straight away.  Gotta love the ZZ Top 'La Grange', the BEST toy ever, whats not to like about a supercharger that accellerates your ball 4x faster mounted above the playfield and the best super jackpot award, maybe I'm biased  &&

S-U-P-E-R-J-A-C-K-P-O-T

*%*

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 07:20:12 PM »
It is a great fast fun game, which anyone new or old to pins can pick up straight away.  Gotta love the ZZ Top 'La Grange', the BEST toy ever, whats not to like about a supercharger that accellerates your ball 4x faster mounted above the playfield and the best super jackpot award, maybe I'm biased

I think I have played it before, and based on Visual Pinball as well, it is one I will be getting in the future. Classic pinball gameplay here. One at a time from now on, though!

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »
VP doesn't do it justice but you probabaly have played it, it was a good earner and I used to see them everywhere

Offline jpd

• Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:52 PM »
Those prices seem a bit ass up. I gather the Getaway was HUO and the IJ and TZ had no artwork left on the P/F and came in a Masonite cabinet :lol

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »
Nah, they were all part of a functioning arcade, the Getaway and IJ were pretty dirty with a few plastics broken, the TZ was actually in pretty good nick...

Offline jpd

• Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 12:19:20 AM »
Could be wrong but the boy's at B/W overdid TZ as it never actually was popular when onsite because it had such a deep ruleset and gamelay therefore too hard for the normal punter. Having said that I'm looking forward to picking up a TZ next week and get it home for awhile to see what all the fuss is about.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 08:46:17 AM »
Could be wrong but the boy's at B/W overdid TZ as it never actually was popular when onsite because it had such a deep ruleset and gamelay therefore too hard for the normal punter. Having said that I'm looking forward to picking up a TZ next week and get it home for awhile to see what all the fuss is about.

I think a bit had to do with the finicky setting up of things, hard to keep all those toys working well, and in particular the Powerball sensor. Easy to sort in a home environment though, I have mine perfect, and Matt (KTM450) has a nice one now very well set up too. It's actually not that deep a game when you spend a bit of time on it, just lots of modes (but you only have to start them, don't actually need to complete them. I prefer games that make you work!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 10:57:28 AM »

You will have to post pix when you get it Jeff  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 12:38:46 PM »

I think a bit had to do with the finicky setting up of things, hard to keep all those toys working well, and in particular the Powerball sensor. Easy to sort in a home environment though, I have mine perfect, and Matt (KTM450) has a nice one now very well set up too. It's actually not that deep a game when you spend a bit of time on it, just lots of modes (but you only have to start them, don't actually need to complete them. I prefer games that make you work!

Thats true its not actually that deep.  I think the problems on site were there is not enough direction for the average punter who does not know what to do in each mode or what the hell is a 'hitch hicker' or 'robot' etc.  Unfortunately there is only so much info you can print on a rule card, so unless the average joe had a pocket full of coins to pour in, he probaly would just walk away confused.