Author Topic: AVATAR PINBALL ? DO U OWN A AVATAR PINNY ?  (Read 672 times)

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Re: AVATAR PINBALL ? DO U OWN A AVATAR PINNY ?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 03:28:40 PM »
Avatar Pro is a good pin, & another local guy in my area loves his. His collection is Lord Of The Rings, Ripleys, Avatar, & Black Knight.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
Played it, did'nt think much,  !^!

Buy a SM,TSPP,FG,  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY  better   ^^^

Offline dizamo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 04:27:42 PM »
Joe at amusements4kids.com.au (Perth) has Avatar LE No 24 in stock. Check out his website.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 09:53:31 PM »
Love Avatar pin. A local dealer has some coming in very soon and i'm keen to know the pricing when they arrive.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »
Played it, did'nt think much,  !^!

Buy a SM,TSPP,FG,  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY  better   ^^^

+1...the pin is like the movie...over-rated and boring as hell.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »
I have played a Iron Man, Big Buck Hunter, Lord of the Rings Gold, TSPP, and Avatar and I actually liked Avatar the most. although I would like to play TSPP again but in good condition :lol
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
Joe at amusements4kids.com.au (Perth) has Avatar LE No 24 in stock. Check out his website.

What the differenced between the two machine for the extra money, as cant remember myself,but will have a look on the net, as have not unboxed the LE yet.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:51:32 AM by wonder »
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 02:11:16 AM »
I went and had a look at the Avatar Pinball and the machine is definately great looking. The pinball is excellent. I think the pinball has been done extremely well to match the looks and sounds of the movie. Gameplay is good enough for a Novice/or deep enough for a pinball player. It plays very quick and the light show is great.

Overall I think STERN have done a great job. I loved the Avatar movie. Its the largest grossing $ movie of all time. I felt James Cameron did a great job with the movie. You either appreciate Sci-fi or you dont, but the concept was unique and new with the 3D. You have to see the movie at the Cinema or on a huge LCD TV at home to really appreciate it. My kids love the movie so I am a big fan of the pinball. The colours and artwork work really well.

I reckon a Avatar pinball would be a great addition in anyone's home.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Joe Tripoli from Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire in Perth. I have just joined Aussie Pinball as a sponsor and hope to be able to assist members of this forum. I am the Stern pinball distributor in WA and I will try to answer some of your questions regarding the Avatar pro and L/E models. Having sold about 12  pro and L/E versions in WA, I personally believe the L/E version is a far better game to play. The extra features, although at a cost, make it more enjoyable both to play and own. The feedback from my customers has been very positive about the L/E. Here is a link with the extra features available on the L/E  http://www.pinballnews.com/news/avatarle.html.

As far as the L/E goes, it plays much smoother and faster with the clear coated playfield, has a great feel with the shaker motor, and the white powerball similar to Twilight Zone gives higher scores when in play. The transporter pod is motorised and opens and closes during gameplay. Also, the amp suit is slightly different to that on the pro model and marches up and down as well as falling down and lifting back up.The chrome package looks awesome, it has the traditional lock down bar and metal playfield slide rails with a steel apron that has blue translucent windows with lights. I currently have no.24 on my showroom floor which was pulled out of the box 2 weeks ago and no.6 new in box. These both have signed playfields as well as a numbered plague and a certificate of authenticity. As far as the ball draining in the centre from the pop bumpers, this problem has been resolved with a spring which diverts the ball to the left slingshot.

The pro model is still available new in box from Stern. The cost of the pro model is $6600 ex Sydney or $6950 landed in Perth. These can be bought through Amd or myself. The L/Es in my showroom are not for sale and mearly for display purposes and part of my collection. I do know of an L/E that may be for sale in Perth which is a home use only machine if someone is interested.

regards,

Joe
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
www.amusements4kids.com.au for kids
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 01:22:52 AM »
Hi Joe,
I contacted Bruce at AMD about a AVATAR apx 10 days ago and he said to me on the phone that he had NO AVATAR'S at all in stock and was definately not getting anymore at all from Stern.  They do however, have Transformers and are marketing those in all models.

Thanks for the info on the LE versus Pro models. It seems that you MAY be the only one able to get a new Pro model from the USA ?  Thanks for the info.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »
Hi Caveoftreasures,

I dont know why he would of said that but an email dated the 10th November from Gary Stern advised that the pinballs he currently has available for the festive period are:
Big Buck Hunter Pro
Rolling Stones Pro and L/E
Tron Pro
Transformers Pro and L/E combo
He does mention that quantities of some models are limited. He also advised that the next new pinball would be late January or February but to date has not confirmed the title.
If you want me to make some enquiries for a NIB Avatar Pro or possibly a home use only Avatar L/E with about 30 plays from one of my customers (no.36 I think) please let me know.

regards,
Joe
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »
Brett the best thing to do is play it again to get i good feel of it.Everyone has different taste, so you will get, i love it and i hate lovers.

Let me no if still interested in the Pro and if you want to go the extra for a LEversion(in Box),I have that as well (number70 i think) pm me for the price but it will be cheaper than a dealer.Need to reduced the collection or buy a new house.

PS Not interested in a Near new Ironman with about twenty plays on it as well. <.>

Cheers
Craig
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields