Author Topic: BUGS BUNNY ON EBAY ! PRICES RISING !  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
BUGS BUNNY ON EBAY ! PRICES RISING !
« on: November 09, 2011, 09:18:07 PM »
I have been watching a nice Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash Pinball on Ebay. The price is over 2 grand with a day n a half to go.

I have 2 x Bugs Bunny's so I am watching the auction/price with interest.

Bugs Bunny is a basic but very fun game. It has some absolute great Looney Tunes features and it has the best cartoon audio out there. Playfield lights and the birthday cake make it a very fun machine. Its a very collectable game (not many survive) and finding one in very good condition is very hard.

Thought i would let members know, that its a pin worth buying just on collectability alone, and it is a real eye turner when people walk in and see it. Who doesnt love these great bugs bunny cartoons. Usually very easy to resell, so u can see why its over 2 grand already. The owner of that machine didnt include great photos of the side cabinets, but he tells me via ebay that the sides of the machine are very nice. Have a look.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bugs-Bunny-Looney-Tunes-Pinball-Machine-4-Player-/220886407541?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item336ddb1975
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:22:19 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: BUGS BUNNY ON EBAY ! PRICES RISING !
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »
Neeehhh...whats up doc!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »

Brett - around 4 years ago, a Melbourne Dealer that likes to ride bikes sold an immaculate Bugs Bunny for around $4500. Within a month, there was at least 2 more that went up on eBay and struggled to $2800 ish.

I think it is an underrated game. The artwork is excellent on the game. It is a title you have positioned so that people can see the side artwork.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »
Boring to play, really let down by no multiball.

But love the theme, artwork and sounds.  Agree that it gets everyone's attention and on that basis it's staying in the line up.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:32:23 PM »
yeh, havent seen a Bugs Bunny for a longtime on ebay (I bought the last 2 listed over the last 3 yrs).

its good to see that people are bidding on this T'riffic title. Gameplay is straight forward for a 1990 model. Its no BK2000 thats for sure, but I think the game was really designed for younger kids/family pinball novices. the cabinet is fun, the playfield and machine is definately a good looker. that makes up for gameplay. audio is the clincher here.

(bottom left front plastic clear ramps NOT avail for this model which can make life very difficult) My 2 are just good enough, but i will get 2 x new ones vacum formed when i need to).  Backglass is SWEET as on this pinny. For say $2500, I reckon its worth buying. (I paid $1500 for one, and $1700 for the other but was very very lucky).

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »

(bottom left front plastic clear ramps NOT avail for this model which can make life very difficult) My 2 are just good enough, but i will get 2 x new ones vacum formed when i need to). 

The tweety slide ramp is slated for reproduction that's what Pinball Inc told me.  Now if only someone would repro the vacuum form plastics on the playfield that would be great.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:03:18 PM »
he (pinball inc.) told me the opposite 2 yrs ago.

he said, the ramp -wasnt worth reproducing, not enough interest/machines around for the time n effort. At the time, i offered to pay $400 for 2 x new ramps which would have hopefully covered his re-set up costs IF he has the moulds. mark sells the other rear spioral ramp which i have spares of.

if it dont happen, i will just get 2 x custom made  ^^^

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
he (pinball inc.) told me the opposite 2 yrs ago.

he said, the ramp -wasnt worth reproducing, not enough interest/machines around for the time n effort. At the time, i offered to pay $400 for 2 x new ramps which would have hopefully covered his re-set up costs IF he has the moulds. mark sells the other rear spioral ramp which i have spares of.

if it dont happen, i will just get 2 x custom made  ^^^

I asked Pinball Inc about 4mths ago, they have the moulds.  The tweety ramp is always broken and mine is no exception.  Whoever makes them I want one  #@#

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 08:58:39 AM »
Surely this isn't worth any more than 2k...very ordinary game, only for the kiddies( even then I doubt my kids would enjoy it) and hard core looney tunes fans.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
Not many survive at all Daz.

Being a white pinball machine, with white playfield etc,and many white plastics, many have badly yellowed playfields/playfield parts and yellowed cabinets from cigarette smoke. Many were parted out due to the machine turning yellow when placed on site. Apart from that, a relative maintainence easy machine, easy to fix.  

Its not a complex game. I think most people buy them for the eye candy being the number 1 consideration, then the audio is next, with the game play a third.

Collectable because its Bugs Bunny. Probably the worlds most favourite cartoon. The lightshow of the game is worth getting a machine for. Just a unique looker and the play is more fun than complex. When u are over next, give one of mine a play. Makes ya feel like a young kid again. ^^^

* click on the photo to make it double in size. better view of the art package/cabinet detail etc.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:43:19 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 06:21:04 PM »
For me it's a terrible pinny all round. I can't stand the artwork or the theme. ..and that white cab. I do remember a Brisbane seller/op had one about 6 -12 months ago and he was asking around $3500 from memory.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:23:12 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »
Not many survive at all Daz.

Being a white pinball machine, with white playfield etc,and many white plastics, many have badly yellowed playfields/playfield parts and yellowed cabinets from cigarette smoke. Many were parted out due to the machine turning yellow when placed on site. Apart from that, a relative maintainence easy machine, easy to fix.  

Its not a complex game. I think most people buy them for the eye candy being the number 1 consideration, then the audio is next, with the game play a third.

Collectable because its Bugs Bunny. Probably the worlds most favourite cartoon. The lightshow of the game is worth getting a machine for. Just a unique looker and the play is more fun than complex. When u are over next, give one of mine a play. Makes ya feel like a young kid again. ^^^

* click on the photo to make it double in size. better view of the art package/cabinet detail etc.

Yeah thats a fair call if many don't live to see the day.
Ok mate next time I will give it another crack.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 11:15:27 AM »
WOW....nearly $2.5k for this turd........all pins must be on the way up in price if a shitter like this is worth 2.5k.
Happy days...pins must be on the rise again!

Marty Machine

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
WOW....nearly $2.5k for this turd........all pins must be on the way up in price if a shitter like this is worth 2.5k.
Happy days...pins must be on the rise again!
NOPE!! it's only WORTH what the winning bidder was prepared to pay for it.
In most cases the winning bidder had put a high bid in early (say $5k) and was simply 'pushed up' by other bidders attempting to win it, which then pushes the winner into the ugly buyers remorse zone ;-(

The Final Prices on ebay is by no means "Average/Market Value" to base all future sales on.

For example:
Someone lists a Kiss machine on ebay with $1k start price, it'll either fetch upto $2k, $2.5k $4k or 8k depending on who's looking for a kiss at the time, or everyone's away on holidays or simply the expertise of the bidders.

Selling a Kiss machine on ebay for $8k doesn't mean all Kiss's should now be $8k....

MM  ;-)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »
The machine was in excellent condition and working. Someone will enjoy it very much.  Martys right, prices ebb n flow like the tide. Sometimes high, sometimes low, then floating in the middle. A few hundred bux or even $500 doesnt matter if the machine is desired and going to give someone alot of enjoyment.

2500 carrots sounds like a good feed for bugs bunny. lol  ^^^