Author Topic: BUGS BUNNY ON EBAY ! PRICES RISING !  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: BUGS BUNNY ON EBAY ! PRICES RISING !
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 09:51:45 AM »
A turd is still a turd no matter how hard you poilsh it or talk it up.
Happy for the seller but 2.5k..... %.%....as gus gould would say..no no no no no!
That's one hell of an anchor you got there bugs!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 12:21:42 PM »
u have to remember that as the years pass, some titles are just not changing hands like they used to.

when u talk to the guys who bring in containers, they quickly give u a list of the machines that they CANT get anymore, or with any ease. Accordingly, soime titles rise in price by 10 or 20 percent because of it. You also have to take into consideration that someone has to make a dollar/profit on the exercise, otherwise they wont bring that title in.

machines like Elvira n party monsters, bugs bunny, bk2000, black rose etc etc are priced between 1800 and 2500 but arent that easy to come accross in really good condition. most system 11 games are old n tired/flogged out, so when u find a really nice one, the price jumps a bit.  1800 to 2500 is more than fair for these titles, and alot of them are alot of fun.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
u have to remember that as the years pass, some titles are just not changing hands like they used to.

when u talk to the guys who bring in containers, they quickly give u a list of the machines that they CANT get anymore, or with any ease. Accordingly, soime titles rise in price by 10 or 20 percent because of it. You also have to take into consideration that someone has to make a dollar/profit on the exercise, otherwise they wont bring that title in.

machines like Elvira n party monsters, bugs bunny, bk2000, black rose etc etc are priced between 1800 and 2500 but arent that easy to come accross in really good condition. most system 11 games are old n tired/flogged out, so when u find a really nice one, the price jumps a bit.  1800 to 2500 is more than fair for these titles, and alot of them are alot of fun.

BK2000 and Black Rose are easy to find overseas if you know where to look. Elvira is a little more difficult. Bugs Bunny is not a title that importers target. "Titles raising by 20%" is more of a issue with Greed on behalf of the importer. Don't believe everything you hear from an importer - remember a well known dealer "combed Europe for the last remaining pinball machines" ? How many HUNDREDS of machines - maybe thousands of machines have been imported since ?

I like Bugs Bunny for the theme and unique artwork. But it is not in the same league as BK2000, EATBM, Radical, Police Force, Diner and Transporter (now this is RARE). The biggest problem with Bugs Bunny is demand for them is low.

Games that are getting harder to source and SUPPLIERS have increased the prices on are titles like Cirqus Voltaire, Attack from Mars and Champion Pub.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
I think it is fair to say everything has gone up in price this last 3 years.

The good thing though, is because there have been so many machines imported, it is easier now to get ya hands on most titles as people sooner or later get bored with a title and want to move it on to get something else. Even so, some titles like Indiana Jones, Next Gen and Twilight Zone still hold their values well, as does stuff like Monster Bash, Atack from Mars, and Medi-evil Madness etc etc. Ya just have to find the right seller at the right time to snag a bargain.

Alot of people list ebay auctions very close to Xmas with dreadful results. Every year I pick up machines for half price cause an auction is run too close to Xmas, lets see what gets listed too close to Xmas this year with no bidders. lol  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »
Alot of people list ebay auctions very close to Xmas with dreadful results. Every year I pick up machines for half price cause an auction is run too close to Xmas, lets see what gets listed too close to Xmas this year with no bidders. lol  ^^^
Quite a few I would imagine, I will be listing at least one myself but it won't be at a bargain basement low starting bid that's for sure. ()

Marty Machine

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »
I think it is fair to say everything has gone up in price this last 3 years.
Except our Bank Accounts  :lol :lol :lol

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:38 PM »
I thought prices had come down... end of the day, a machine is worth what someone wants to spend
on that title, noticed RS has had some love lately...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 11:11:02 PM »
It has been a buyer's market for 2 years. Prices have come down.

Here are the facts - 2009 the Euro was around 56 cents. 2010 the Euro was around 63 cents. TODAY the Euro is hovering around 75 cents. So for machines out of Europe, the prices have come down 20% - Not gone up - gone down. Overseas suppliers have not changed their prices in 3 years. Interesting !

US dollar has been around parity for just under a year - again - good buying.

Case in point

Funhouse USED TO BE a $4500 game. It struggles to $3200
Addams Family USED TO BE a $6500 game. It struggles to $5300
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 11:20:31 PM »
good point

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »
I agree Nino, I'd much rather start a collection today than 3-5 years ago, I did pay a lot more for games back then that I can find much cheaper today.
Some people consider pinballs an investment, but truthfully they will never really go up in value much more than inflation, unless you have something that is truely rare it will not make you a millionare any time soon.  Even existing rare games peaked in their values a few years back and I'm sure would also be cheaper at the moment.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 06:59:02 PM »
I agree prices in general have come down, having said that you do see good prices being paid leading up until christmas  #@# the silly season is just about to start...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Marty Machine

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 07:50:44 PM »
Some people consider pinballs an investment,
Pinball guarantees an investment in entertainment.
Pinball DOES NOT guarantee financial returns.

To buy a pinny for $2k and sell it for $20k would be an investment.
To buy a pinny for $2k and sell for $3k is a joke, of course it'd only fetch $1k anyway ;-)

People who keep crapping on about "i'm buying this one as an investment" have rocks in their head.  :lol  !*!

If pinny's were a hot commodity, then why did they never get listed on Wall Street, or dealt with by banks & brokers?
You never see rich people 'investing' in pinnies, they put their money where it offers high returns ;-)

BUY TO PLAY !!

MM.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 09:55:36 PM »
Some people consider pinballs an investment,
Pinball guarantees an investment in entertainment.
Pinball DOES NOT guarantee financial returns.

To buy a pinny for $2k and sell it for $20k would be an investment.
To buy a pinny for $2k and sell for $3k is a joke, of course it'd only fetch $1k anyway ;-)

People who keep crapping on about "i'm buying this one as an investment" have rocks in their head.  :lol  !*!

If pinny's were a hot commodity, then why did they never get listed on Wall Street, or dealt with by banks & brokers?
You never see rich people 'investing' in pinnies, they put their money where it offers high returns ;-)

BUY TO PLAY !!

MM.

The voice of reason will set you free!
+1

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »
Do u know how much money people are making on each container they bring in from overseas. Plenty.

Who said rich people dont invest in pinny's. Pro-rata, its the biggest money earner I have seen for a long time. But ofcourse, anyone bringing in a container will tell you they only make a few hundred on each machine. I have seen first hand the money being made. I say goodluck to those who are doing it.  ^^^

and yes, xmas and the silly season is coming. some prices will be huge, others very low. a great time to watch ebay etc.  ^^^

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:53:22 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline carnut

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 08:55:19 AM »
hey brett!
i think you should bring in a container full yourself.
just a thought.
craig