Author Topic: NSW pinball championship Discussion ?  (Read 552 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
NSW pinball championship Discussion ?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 04:04:40 PM »
oh noooo its this thread again  @.@

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 04:11:19 PM »
oh noooo its this thread again  @.@

Pretty funny really, the trolls from elsewhere have to pop in from time to time and take a shot. I sure hope no-one from here does that sort of thing elsewhere, best to leave decay alone in my opinion.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »
Where is the value in dissing this site ? The guy knew the event was on so whats the point ?
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: NSW pinball championship Discussion ?
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 04:21:19 PM »
DAMN!!  Why didn't someone tell me Gary was coming??
I was really hoping to catch up. ()

I don't think I'll be able to sleep now that I know I've missed him.... Oh wait, "yawn".. Goodnight.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »

This part of the discussion has been split from the "ghost town" thread as it was off topic and its intent was purely to troll. Not sure if it represents any value in further discussion. It may be closed if it turns to crap again.

For the record - The mods were not approached by the organizers at the time, but we would have offered our support - at the bare minimum, started a thread to promote it. Unless I'm half blind, I didn't read anything regarding the competition on the forum.

Aussie Pinball will endeavour to support any pinball events that are brought to our attention. Feel free to contact mods, or discuss on the main boards.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 04:25:12 PM »
oh noooo its this thread again  @.@

Pretty funny really, the trolls from elsewhere have to pop in from time to time and take a shot. I sure hope no-one from here does that sort of thing elsewhere, best to leave decay alone in my opinion.
trolls are trolls report them and delete them and be done with it, the new title is an invitation to trolls now and a continuation of a subject that was brought up by an obvious idiot and id hate to entertain him with this thread, could we change it back to talking about how well the forum is growing as first intended and delete the rest ? time for pinball talk i say

ok posted as i posted about topic change,
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:26:58 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »
oh noooo its this thread again  @.@

trolls are trolls report them and delete them and be done with it, the new title is an invitation to trolls now and a continuation of a subject that was brought up by an obvious idiot and id hate to entertain him with this thread, could we change it back to talking about how well the forum is growing as first intended and delete the rest ? time for pinball talk i say

ok posted as i posted about topic change,

I split the topic (not changed - the original is still there), because the original thread was a positive thread which should continue. The crap from that thread is in this thread. It is not intended as an invitation for trolling behavior, and I don't believe anyone has that intent.

I think it is important to inform members of the facts. Hopefully, this thread will quickly become  :tumble:

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »
so the Bitch here is
AMD did a little promo in NSW and ( even though they are sponsors here ) failed to bring it up on this forum. 
( and if I remember rightly didnt promot it themselves on AA either, nor did they announce Gary Stern was to attend)

and your blaming this forum the forum owners and the mods .....  the simple truth is the organizers of the events are  !!@

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 04:51:39 PM »
"It is not intended as an invitation for trolling behavior, and I don't believe anyone has that intent."

no im not sugesting any one here has that intent, my only concern is the continuation of this sort of thread will do it with out any intent, plus no one needs to explain anything to any one about his argument because everyone could see that user was troll.

any ways glad members are happy the forum is growing, im outside of any sort of forum politics,dont know the story behind it dont care about it, if it wasnt for the last two threads about "ghost towns" i wouldn't even have known it existed, and im a member here cos it came up when i googled pinball forum, its been of help i dont care if one forum is better or worst than another when this forum is useful, that's all mods should worry about, the forum works so if a troll comes here just send them packing as if they like another forum better they should have no problem being sent packing back. so guys like me who googled our way here never have to know or worry about past differences in forums. cheers guys
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:53:39 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 05:09:19 PM »
I usually like to stay clear of "politics" as well but quite frankly I found  ilovesilverballs' post both ignorant and offensive and my post was much nicer than the one I originally typed.

I'll try to resist the power of the darkside in the future. && &&

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 05:25:10 PM »
1st prize...a date with gary stern.
2nd prize...2 dates with gary stern.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »
The original complainers complaint is just silly. As a forum, individually, or as a whole, we dont have crystal balls, we cant see into the future.

Its quite simple, people all accross Australia post everything and anything on this forum 24 hrs a day. Even if its small news, or big news, it gets posted.

If an item was not posted, it is because no one knew about it. To suggest that Aussie Pinball is not the pinnacle of Pinball Forums because 1 x single topic was not posted is just plain stupid. We dont have crystal balls, we cant predict the future. The original complainer should have a look at the 10,000 other posts that were posted, and judge the forum based on the great info that is here, not on the 1 x topic that isnt.

* And by the way, you posted info about the meeting in sydney, and u posted info about the nsw championships. BUT what u didnt do, was post the rest of the informative info that we all could have used positively. Wouldnt it have just been better to tell us what we didnt know about, than to ask us why we didnt know about it.  *%*

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
Aussie pinball is a site dedicated to the restoration and preservation of pinball machines

A lot of discussion that takes place is about machines prior to DMD’s

Garry Stern has stated many times that the home market is not the focus of his business
I have bought 3 Stern games NIB, telling me that my business is ‘unimportant’ is likely to piss me off
You would also think that after buying 3 games from the distributor, that they might try to get me to buy #4 and maybe tell former buyers that Garry was visiting (or maybe send a flyer for a new game)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 05:49:53 PM »
i wish we had an arcade in our area, would really love to see what one of these sterns are like to play, and how much difference there is between mid 90's pinballs and late models.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »
Aussie pinball is a site dedicated to the restoration and preservation of pinball machines

A lot of discussion that takes place is about machines prior to DMD’s

Garry Stern has stated many times that the home market is not the focus of his business
I have bought 3 Stern games NIB, telling me that my business is ‘unimportant’ is likely to piss me off
You would also think that after buying 3 games from the distributor, that they might try to get me to buy #4 and maybe tell former buyers that Garry was visiting (or maybe send a flyer for a new game)

Yeah some basic marketing to get some repeat sales is a no brianer. If he doesnt want the home market why make all the different LE models?
I think he covering his bases a touch.
I am stunned that pevious new stern buyers in oz were not sent an invitation to the event, not that I am one of them but if it was my company I would have done that+ more in a heartbeat.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"