Author Topic: Seeking LOTR Strategy/Tips....  (Read 165 times)

Offline HOW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Seeking LOTR Strategy/Tips....
« on: November 13, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »
Hi there

I was wondering if anyone had a strategy for LOTR?

I've just started playing it (on location) and enjoying it....Though highest score so far only 30-something M....*Blush*.

There's alot going on - and I wondered how others approached it.

I normally target an Extra Ball as my first goal on a table. But from what I can work out this only seems available as a Gift of the Elves....and this is a bit random as the Shire shot advances this-so easy to mess up.
Any views in what to go for first. Overall strategy and ways to reach 100M+ scores (That's the #1 on this particular table-Grand Champ is 347 914040).

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)
Andy/HOW

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Seeking LOTR Strategy/Tips....
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 09:53:52 PM »
Check out this link. Its got everything u would probably like to know about LOTR or LOTR LE.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Lord+of+the+rings&sortby=name&searchtype=quick

I found by reading the first dozen pages of the Game Manual, u can learn alot about the game. Lots of good stuff on rules and the shot map which talks about how to get alot of points. Hope it helps.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline HOW

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 10:40:45 PM »
Cheers man

I know of IPDB of course.
But didn't think of reading manual ! :)
Big thanks-Will give it a look.

Andy/HOW

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 11:28:14 PM »
LOTR is a fantastic game - i can normally get Destroy The Ring (by completing the 3 multiballs) most games, but have yet to finish the Fellowship multiball.

My 1st aim is to always get a mode started as soon as possible.  Modes such as the Ents are great to add souls to path of the dead for Return of The King Multiball - during modes i always try and get shots that will build up for multiballs (ie: get KEEP rollover lights and lock balls on the sword).  If i have a multiball ready to go, i always try and start a mode before the multiball - this way you can often complete the mode unintentionally during multiball due to the number of balls flying around - this then gets you extra gifts of elves - which might be an extra ball.

You also get an extra ball after a certain amount of tower shots (left loop to top right hole).

I try and complete the modes if possible (except witch king i find really hard), as when you get 'There and back again',  which is after you have completed all the modes, you get 60 seconds to shoot the ring, and then make any lit shot to collect whatever pints you got in that mode - pretty cool feature i reckon, so more points you get for the mode- more points for there and back again.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »
Graet game, one of the better stern pins.
As for strategy....chill a shit load of beers and play it, thats the best strategy of all.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline HOW

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »
Graet game, one of the better stern pins.
As for strategy....chill a shit load of beers and play it, thats the best strategy of all.

LOL-I'd love to.
Doubt my scores could get any WORSE :)

Trouble is the LOTR is on location in a Timezone 'Family Fun Centre'.....read Redemption Hell!!!
Have heard of an IJ (hoping an IJ TPA not Stern) at a Bowling place that's gotta bar ;)