Author Topic: slingshot globes arn't working but globes ok??..please help  (Read 264 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
slingshot globes arn't working but globes ok??..please help
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
Hi Guys

I noticed that the sling shots near the flippers on my shadow wernt light up. There are four globes, two either side. All the globes looked good but I changed two of them anyway as a test and still nothing. All other globes working fine. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks...Tim

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Tim, my first reaction is this may be the bayonet, and its inherent unreliability.  But, it does seem strange that all 4 globes are not working.  With the game on, do any of the globes light whilst moving the globe around a bit with your fingers?  Another check would simply be to see if you have voltage across the leads.

I have found time after time after time I am always "fixing" light bayonets (at least the vintage used in the 1970s, especially ones on Ballys).  This is along the lines of Clay's guides.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Hi Tim
    Another thing to try after Steve's a advice is to go into test mode and enter the GI test. There are several GI strings on each wpc game just check if at least some globes light up on each string.    If not check the 5 fuses On the lower left corner of your driver board.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Hi Tim
    Another thing to try after Steve's a advice is to go into test mode and enter the GI test. There are several GI strings on each wpc game just check if at least some globes light up on each string.    If not check the 5 fuses On the lower left corner of your driver board.

In addition to what Daniel has suggested, also just follow the 'chain' for that string.  Have you tested voltages at the sockets?  It may be something simple like further up the chain a wire has popped off disconnecting the slings...

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Thanks for your help guys...the winner is one of the fusses on the lower left.  #*#

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well done glad we could help