Author Topic: NEW IN BOX WILLIAMS STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION  (Read 847 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: NEW IN BOX WILLIAMS STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 10:03:05 PM »
Buy a Next Gen in very good condition for between 3500 and 4500 and then wonder why anyone would spend $20 K USA on a boxed job.  !@#

If u wanted to get as close to NIB, send a reasonable STNG down to El-Timbo and u will have a brand new one within a few months anyway.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »
Buy a Next Gen in very good condition for between 3500 and 4500 and then wonder why anyone would spend $20 K USA on a boxed job.  !@#

If u wanted to get as close to NIB, send a reasonable STNG down to El-Timbo and u will have a brand new one within a few months anyway.  ^^^ ^^^

Better than new

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
A bit like people buying grange wine and not opening it. Waste of time to me to have something and not using it in hope to make some good bucks.

The benefit of a grange or any collectible wine is you get to decanter it ad have a taste every now and then. That's the deal with grange anyway
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »
Next Gen has come down plenty over the last couple of years as have the vast majority of pins.
Struggles to get 3.5k these days, a very ncie one sold a couple of weeks a go for 2.8k...why in the world would you buy a nib for that $$ when the prices are dropping?
pinball bragging rights seems so childish to me...lame...cure cancer or feed the world then you can brag all ya want.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29:21 PM »
Next Gen has come down plenty over the last couple of years as have the vast majority of pins.
Struggles to get 3.5k these days, a very ncie one sold a couple of weeks a go for 2.8k...why in the world would you buy a nib for that $$ when the prices are dropping?
pinball bragging rights seems so childish to me...lame...cure cancer or feed the world then you can brag all ya want.

I might be wrong, but I doubt the buyer of a NiB like this would be doing it for the bragging rights, rather there's enough cash available and no real needs, so oddities become interesting, and spending a lot on a very rare item the motivation.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 09:01:51 PM »
I was just going on a comment earlier re bragging rights...sorry should have quoted it.
I still stand behind my original post.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"